PDA

View Full Version : 100 octane fmic map

Unoriginalusername
07-30-2008, 01:01 PM
anyone going to try that 100 octane fmic map :chuckle guess you'd have to buy a bunch of octane boosters for it to work

Fobio
07-30-2008, 01:28 PM
sounds like a pure dyno/drag map...the way they described it is like it's a one-shot run, and you gotta keep your tank pretty low...

is there a way to measure your octane thru the tank with a dip or something? hydrometer? I have no clue about these things but I picture it might be something like what I do with the marine/salt aquarium...

Unoriginalusername
07-30-2008, 01:34 PM
sounds like a pure dyno/drag map...the way they described it is like it's a one-shot run, and you gotta keep your tank pretty low...

is there a way to measure your octane thru the tank with a dip or something? hydrometer? I have no clue about these things but I picture it might be something like what I do with the marine/salt aquarium...

Really i didn't find a description cautioning a one run type deal, i just saw it sitting there

mleblond
07-30-2008, 01:45 PM
how to destroy your car map.....wasting time....when can we get our 20 sec flash? or have the performance options load faster so I can use them properly at the 1/4 mile? 10 sec to load is steep when you have like 2 before you go.... you don't need to identify the car all the time....

Fobio
07-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Really i didn't find a description cautioning a one run type deal, i just saw it sitting there

no...I didn't mean the map is only good for one-run...what I meant was, that the description encouraged you to add the octane booster or the "race-gas" to a near empty tank to ensure that you're at or above the 100 octane mark...so I guess if you have large supplies or access to race gas, then you can refill and test the map with a full tank of race gas...otherwise, if you're running on a low tank, not likely you're doing too many runs or laps with it...

but if you have to add booster and you rely on # of bottles to achieve a desired octane on street gas, then you may not want to use a full tank since that may be a few bottles? (this is the part I'm not familiar with...never touched the stuff...)

or I guess you can premix it, but how do you determine the octance level? and it sounds a little hazardous but this would be the way I'd do it...

alhope34
07-30-2008, 08:33 PM
I found an octane booster at Canadian Tire before (I forgot the brand) but it claimed to add 6 full octane points to a tank of 75L of gas. Add this bottle, or two, to a tank of Ultra 94 and I think you'd be good for 100 octane.

stormin84
07-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I found an octane booster at Canadian Tire before (I forgot the brand) but it claimed to add 6 full octane points to a tank of 75L of gas. Add this bottle, or two, to a tank of Ultra 94 and I think you'd be good for 100 octane.

Don't believe everything you read... How are you going to make sure it is at 100 and not like 98

alhope34
07-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Don't believe everything you read... How are you going to make sure it is at 100 and not like 98

Lol, run pure octane booster.

spd frk
07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
You could just go to Redline Performance in Markham and pick up a couple of gallons of VP racing fuel. They carry from 104 to 118 blends.

Don't use a lot of Octane booster. Most contain toluene as the octane enhancer. Toluene is a very slow burning hydrocarbon and if you add more than about 2 bottles to a tank of gas (50L) then your air fuel mixture will still be burning as it goes out the exhaust ports.