PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Road Paint

Wayne
08-02-2008, 11:08 AM
I have some yellow paint that is used for road lines on door and fender.
It is thick and rough. I can chip it off with my fingernails, will not power wash off. Any suggestions.
This is my first post, but I read this forum all the time. Wish I would have known about it before I bought my 2007 3.
Thanks For Any Info

mit-gee-mui
08-02-2008, 12:02 PM
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=25994&highlight=yellow+paint

?

PlatMS6
08-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Best to do it a couple of hours after it dries... if your paint is in good condition ie. smooth as buttah then it should just chip off nicely - I would not use chemicals. You cant really do anything about wheelwells unless you get a scrubber brush and get it off, but its not worth the hassle... it should get sand/salt blasted off over the winter months :)

kaval
08-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I would look into a product like this
http://www.topoftheline.com/sprayinwip.html

stas
08-03-2008, 01:28 AM
road paint is a Latex (waterbased). for latex paint it is recomended to use soap and water for clean up. so next time it happens, while its still wet use soap and water, however, when it comes to road paint you will not have much time, it fully dries in 4hours however, it starts to dry in 1-2 hours after its been applied. and yes this is legit info.

also dont worry, the fact that it got on your car will not damage your cars paint, however stripping it now will be a pain in the rear.

Houndskull
08-03-2008, 03:51 AM
i tried clay bar on mine doesnt seem to work does that road paint remover work?

ICEBOX
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
would Mr. Clean Magic Eraser work? Just an idea. Or being very careful with goo gone?

I figured the clay bar would do the trick.

kleigh
09-08-2008, 10:27 PM
This happened to my parents' friends a week after they bought their new Toyota....took it in to the dealership to see if they could do anything....picked it up the next day good as new - no sign of paint.
I guess what I'm saying is that maybe the dealer where you bought it has a product or could recommend something. Good luck.

aris
09-08-2008, 11:23 PM
it happen to me in my truck...over time with rain etc it came right off

Wayne
09-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Found something that works. It is called "Lepage Poly Clens. I tried to remove the yellow paint on a small 3in. section and it worked. In fact it worked the best of everything that I have tried. I will wait a week or so to make sure no other paint is removed. If all is well, I will then clean the rest of the paint off, wash and wax.
Thanks for all the input

stas
09-14-2008, 05:39 PM
i suggest going into one of PPG or Sherwin-Williams paint stores, they are manufacturers of line marking paint and also carry line marking remover which is formulated for automotive application

Go_Habs_Go
09-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Found something that works. It is called "Lepage Poly Clens.

Where did you buy it? Expensive?

Let us know if it damages your paint or not.

Good luck!!