PDA

View Full Version : Finally washed her for the first time...

Shipton
08-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Been 3 weeks since I got her, and damn, she's a dirty girl. Used the touchless up at Morningside/Sheppard Esso and wasn't at all impressed with the results. So today for about 2 hours I worked her over, Meguiar's Gold Class followed by Meguiar's Crystal Clear Wax (or Crystal something something). I can't believe the results. Pics to follow but now the car finally looks like a 2008.5 again.

On a side note, Armor All Super Shine works like a charm on everything, vinyl, plastic, even the tires. Anyone know where to find a coin-op vacuum?

jaM3ican
08-30-2008, 06:01 PM
:ttiwwp

aris
08-30-2008, 08:36 PM

x2..........

Shipton
09-02-2008, 11:00 AM
I know... I thought you could edit posts to thorw them in after. Not to mention I'm at work now.weekend goes by fast.

ICEBOX
09-08-2008, 09:31 PM

I second this!

EastYork3
09-15-2008, 12:32 PM
I've washed mine by hand twice since I got it. When I bought her The Biz threw in a Mazda car cleaning kit. The wash and wax stuff that comes in that works amazingly. Looks like the day I picked it up (mind you I've only had it about three weeks) and if you lean in close, it leaves the outside of the car smelling like that new car scent.

Yes...I smelled it. Whatever.

jsbola
09-15-2008, 02:14 PM
When I was buying my car, I was told from Mazda to stay away from touchless car washes, especially Esso. Apparently the pressure is too high and can loosen seals around the truck and doors. He told me that Mazda has tested this and was going to release a memo or something about it soon. Dont know if its true but I dont see what he would get from me not using Esso so Im staying away from any touchless wash.

Go_Habs_Go
09-15-2008, 02:31 PM
When I was buying my car, I was told from Mazda to stay away from touchless car washes, especially Esso. Apparently the pressure is too high and can loosen seals around the truck and doors. He told me that Mazda has tested this and was going to release a memo or something about it soon. Dont know if its true but I dont see what he would get from me not using Esso so Im staying away from any touchless wash.

hmmm that's interesting since I used to use the Esso touchless wash a lot on my old car. So far I've been washing my 3 by hand since I got it in early August.

My problem is, what are we supposed to do in winter?? Can we use the other gas station car washes? (i.e. Shell, Petro-Canada, etc).

kleigh
09-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Maybe in winter it should be done at those self-wash bays they have (you know, in those big old cinderblock buildings where you do it yourself).

kleigh
09-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Or here in Peterborough we have a place called Villa Auto Wash where you can either do it yourself, or send it through their wash. It's not the high pressure kind, and kids get in and do your windows and vacuum and everything while you sit warm and toasty in the waiting room with coffee watching them do all the hard work :pop

Flagrum_3
09-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Maybe in winter it should be done at those self-wash bays they have (you know, in those big old cinderblock buildings where you do it yourself).

I sense sarchasm in that statement :chuckle

_3

kleigh
09-15-2008, 04:31 PM
sadly, no sarcasm...i just don't know what those buildings are called...:blush

Flagrum_3
09-15-2008, 04:55 PM
sadly, no sarcasm...i just don't know what those buildings are called...:blush

No biggy, I believe most people call them Coin-Operated car washes (Coin-Ops) :)

_3

Go_Habs_Go
09-15-2008, 05:14 PM
yeah they have one of those Coin-op do it yourselfers near my house and I've used it before in the winter but the problem with that is there is (obviously) no massive dryer like you when you exit the touchless car wash, so I find that a lot of the water freezes on the car.

Is it a problem if some of the water freezes on the car? I guess i could bring some chamois and dry the car a bit before it freezes but man, what a pain!

Guess there is no easy solution! :)

jsbola
09-15-2008, 07:53 PM
hmmm that's interesting since I used to use the Esso touchless wash a lot on my old car. So far I've been washing my 3 by hand since I got it in early August.

My problem is, what are we supposed to do in winter?? Can we use the other gas station car washes? (i.e. Shell, Petro-Canada, etc).

I was told that it was just touchless washes that you should avoid, Esso in particular. I just dont use touchless at all just to be safe but not every car wash is touchless, theres still the old type with that big mop that scrubs your car or self wash garages like people mentioned.

ZeroChalk
09-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Wow is it just me, or does anyone sometimes wash their car more then once a week? (ie major rainfall)? I dunno, I find it particular relaxing in the summer time.. just sitting out there and cleaning it. Mind you, it only takes me 20 min, since my car is not really too dirty to begin with.

In the winter time, I usually go to a coin-op to spray it down, and once in a while handwash it inside the garage (with obviously warm water). I don't bother drying it, since it'll get dirty again real fast.

EastYork3
09-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow is it just me, or does anyone sometimes wash their car more then once a week?

LOL...I've had mine almost three weeks and I've hand washed it twice...

ravin13
09-17-2008, 10:40 PM
If its dead at work and I'm bored, I'll usually wash the car, usually either inside or out, and both once in a while

Zoom Zoom Boy
09-17-2008, 10:52 PM
X4 :ttiwwp

bluemazda3
09-18-2008, 09:41 AM
X4 :ttiwwp

x5

DumpInfo
09-18-2008, 02:07 PM
The cars probably dirty by now :chuckle