PDA

View Full Version : Oh Oh(Oil) Shock Speed 3

MSMitch
09-01-2008, 12:45 PM
So I came home from the cottage, took the Speed out of the garage and notice a small amount of oil on the floor - looked underneath, and notice a lot of oil staining on the R rear shock (similar to Al I believe). Anyway, have an appt tomorrow for an oil change anyway, will see what happens...:whoa

Unoriginalusername
09-01-2008, 12:53 PM
should be covered under warranty if you're dealer has a clue which most of them do

MSMitch
09-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah, not too worried. Anything else I should have them check out while they have the car? I haven't had any turbo smoke (yet), but would be nice not to have to worry about that...
:)

Unoriginalusername
09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah, not too worried. Anything else I should have them check out while they have the car? I haven't had any turbo smoke (yet), but would be nice not to have to worry about that...
:)

Just ask them to check for any other eligible recalls/tsb's if you'd like but if you're not having any issues i am sure you're fine.

My car smoked last year a few times before i added in the extra resonator in my tbe, and installed the cobb fmic/sri and no more smoke at all this year. not even a little... you could have look and see if there's more oil than normal for piece of mind however

07Speed3
09-01-2008, 03:53 PM
I had the same shock do the same thing. It was blown and the dealer replaced it once the new one came in.

MSMitch
09-01-2008, 04:20 PM
That Ultra gas must weigh more or something!!!!

MSMitch
09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
New shock going in tomorrow morning at Scarb Mazda - once again, they called me 10am the next morning to tell me they had the part in stock and booked me an appointment right away (when "convenient" for me!). :bana2

mleblond
09-04-2008, 01:03 PM
man mine doesn't bleed but feels like shit, every bump I hit it knocks :( I striped the whole back last weekend to figure out the shock is probably blown.

RX9
11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
i got the same problem and same shock, the main problem is how can i clean up the oil stain, (i parked my car there almost 2 weeks now, i have already seen a BIG AREA of oil stain!!) damn.....i need to go to the dealer again for it.

5_Alive
11-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Meh, don't feel too bad. I had my left one replaced about 3 weeks ago cause it was starting to spot on the inside of the tower. The right one was replaced within' the first 1.5months of owning the car. Every bump, whack! I've had the car now for a little around 7 months..

MSMitch
11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Had mine replaced last month - yesterday started to feel the knock over some (small) bumps again - will take a look to see if there is leaking again! :(

unnervingfalcon
04-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Did your shocks creek at all? I keep my car in a heated garage but had it outside during the winter for a few weeks and noticed very loud creeks. Even when going over slight dips in road. Once the car was driven for a bit it was fine. I'm thinking it was the oil in the shocks affected by the cold weather.

5_Alive
04-15-2009, 06:37 AM
Did your shocks creek at all? I keep my car in a heated garage but had it outside during the winter for a few weeks and noticed very loud creeks. Even when going over slight dips in road. Once the car was driven for a bit it was fine. I'm thinking it was the oil in the shocks affected by the cold weather.

This is normal and should not alarm you. Its all the bushings being pretty much frozen and yadda yadda.. :chuckle

JKDMS3
06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I blew both my rear shocks last week, Drivers side was really bad, passenger side just leaking. Dealer could only get one, the other is backordered for now. Must be a problem area for sure. My car is a white 08.

Wild Weasel
06-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Mine's been blown since the end of the winter. Sucks all the fun out of the car when you're bouncing around all the time. :( Finally getting it fixed on Tuesday though. I can't wait!! :bana

maplephin
07-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Just noticed the infamous oil stain, this time from the driver's side....passenger sides already been replaced...

alhope34
07-23-2009, 09:21 PM
I can't wait till another one of my rear shocks blows out while I'm 2300 kms from home again. :chuckle