PDA

View Full Version : counter-weight shift knobs???

jsbola
09-16-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm trying to decide on a shift knob but Im not gonna spend $150 on one. Im looking at some Greddy ones, their counter-weighted knob is around $50 but I was wondering if anyones using or has used a counter weight on an M3 and what they thought of it.

If anyone has suggestions, feel free. Im lookin at something in the $50-80 range and I dont really like the twm stuff that much. Im checking ebay at the moment but are there better places in the GTA?

LockOut
09-17-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm trying to decide on a shift knob but Im not gonna spend $150 on one. Im looking at some Greddy ones, their counter-weighted knob is around $50 but I was wondering if anyones using or has used a counter weight on an M3 and what they thought of it.

If anyone has suggestions, feel free. Im lookin at something in the $50-80 range and I dont really like the twm stuff that much. Im checking ebay at the moment but are there better places in the GTA?

There's a place in Mississauga called JRP Performance (or something of the sort... JRP is right). I got my Skunk2 weighted knob there for $50 or so. I love it. Gets cold (and hot...), but I definitely like using it on my TWM STS.

midnightfxgt
09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I have a TWM shift knob and have used both kinds....

I like the feel of a weighted shift knob. It feels sturdier and shifts nice. If you have a shift knob now you like, dont waste your money. If your looking to replace stock, weighted is a nice option.

Dont know much on the Greddy knobs, but Skunk2 units get good reviews, and are very nice.

jsbola
09-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I want to get an sts but just dont have the money for that at the moment, i gotta get my tint done first but something im gonna look into for next summer. Im wondering how the weighted knob will feel with out a short shift though?