PDA

View Full Version : brakes squeak after washing car

Ogata
09-25-2008, 10:18 PM
So today I washed and waxed my car (5 hours in total) and when i went to reverse, I heard some squeaks coming from my brakes but subsided after driving for awhile. Is this normal?

Walrus
09-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Normal.

Fuman
09-26-2008, 12:20 AM
just rust build up on the rotors.

bluemazda3
09-26-2008, 02:44 AM
I hear it everytime I wash.. even on my lancer.. its normal

kaval
09-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Definitely normal.

Flagrum_3
09-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Agreed it's quite normal with the oem brakes, get used to it :) ...but also did you use any kind of rim cleaner? I'm only asking because I noticed when using a spray wheel cleaner, unless your very careful not to get any on the rotors pads etc; you'll get an ungodly sound from them the first couple of brake applications, hense I stopped using the stuff! Just soap/water and a soft brush for my wheels now! :)

_3

bluemazda3
09-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Agreed it's quite normal with the oem brakes, get used to it :) ...but also did you use any kind of rim cleaner? I'm only asking because I noticed when using a spray wheel cleaner, unless your very careful not to get any on the rotors pads etc; you'll get an ungodly sound from them the first couple of brake applications, hense I stopped using the stuff! Just soap/water and a soft brush for my wheels now! :)

_3

I sprayed eagle one tire n wheel cleaner all over mine and i didnt notice anything except for the squeak twice...

Ogata
09-28-2008, 02:59 PM

_3

I sprayed on Eshine's APC Kleenol player to remove the browning and used Eshine's Wheelwax on my rims as well as Stoner's tire shine and it DID say on the bottle to ensure it does not go near your rotors and such so I guess that would be the reason for the squeaking.

Flagrum_3
09-29-2008, 01:20 AM
I sprayed on Eshine's APC Kleenol player to remove the browning and used Eshine's Wheelwax on my rims as well as Stoner's tire shine and it DID say on the bottle to ensure it does not go near your rotors and such so I guess that would be the reason for the squeaking.

Well not necessarily! Your oem brakes may squeak just from them getting wet and sitting for a bit, (used to happen to me all the time, when I washed it!) When I mentioned about the Wheel spray cleaner the sound was much worse; Sounded like a couple of pigs in heat, with some grinding :chuckle

...I suppose if I had taken the time to lets say drape a cloth or something over the calipers and rotors everything would have been fine!

_3

DumpInfo
09-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Absolutely one of my biggest pet peeves...so you're driving your sweet clean ride and you're about to hit the brakes and all you hear is squeeeak! What do I do? Look around and pretend it's not me :chuckle But yeah it's a normal thing unfortunately.

Thrizzl3
09-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Absolutely one of my biggest pet peeves...so you're driving your sweet clean ride and you're about to hit the brakes and all you hear is squeeeak! What do I do? Look around and pretend it's not me :chuckle But yeah it's a normal thing unfortunately.

ill just play it off like im whistling to some made up song:chuckle

my squeak unfortunately to my word out rear discs but after washing you will most likely hear squeaking