PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Place to Tap Amplifier Power

Noisy Crow
09-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Okay,

As some of you are aware, I have the wiring manual for my 2008. There is a lot of very interesting stuff in there... not all of it useful, but....

I noticed in my fuse box that there is a 30A fuse labeled "Audio". Well, this seems to be for the power feed for the Bose amplifier -- which I don't have.

So, after speninding some time reading the wiring manual, I just spent the better part of half-an-hour with my head shoved into the opening where the glovebox lives. That is where connector C-05 can be found. From the wiring manual I know that the Bose amp has a red wire from the 30A fuse to location "S" on connector C-05. And I found that there is a good-sized wire (at least 12 gauge) coming through the firewall grommet and running to the correct location on C-05... With nothing on the mating connector.

Now I haven't tested the wire yet... but it looks really promising. If it is a usable feed then connecting to it might be as simple as crimping a molex pin on the end of a wire and pushing it into the connector. It wouldn't handle a 500W woofer, but for a basic amp upgrade, this just might be the ticket. :)