PDA

View Full Version : Used Stock MP3 Player for sale??

Bowj
10-01-2008, 08:52 PM
I had an after market MP3 player in my old car (Mazda 626!!) and now that I have purchased a used 2004 Mazda 3 I cannot play any of my old MP3 cd's.

I am just wondering if anyone out there has installed a new aftermarket stereo in there 2005,06,07,08,09 Mazda 3 and has a used Mazda3 stereo with MP3 player for sale to replace my simple old CD player.
Lemme know!
:bang

cwp_sedan
10-01-2008, 08:59 PM
The MP3 OEM player only came stock in the 2008.5 model and newer. All previous years would have had to get it as an accessory and it was over $600. Good luck finding one but I highly doubt you will find one let alone for a cheap price.

S.F.W.
10-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I have an '04 head unit with MP3 Player.

cwp_sedan
10-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I have an '04 head unit with MP3 Player.

Are you saying you are going to sell it or just stating that you have one? If you do have it then it should just be the add-on.

Noisy Crow
10-01-2008, 09:30 PM
You could also just use an AudioLink. You would have to move your MP3s to an SD card or USB stick, but you can get a 2GB SD card for 15 bucks....

S.F.W.
10-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Are you saying you are going to sell it or just stating that you have one? If you do have it then it should just be the add-on.
I'd trade/sell it, but would want a stock head unit and cash back. It's the single disc unit.

RedRaptor
10-02-2008, 07:38 AM
I'd trade/sell it, but would want a stock head unit and cash back. It's the single disc unit.

I have the same unit (not for sale). Eventhough its single disc, its still a nice unit to have.

Bowj
10-02-2008, 12:55 PM

is a "Head Unit" just the stereo? I would be willing to trade my original CD player for the MP3 player for sure. Where are you located and how much would you trade it for??

Bowj
10-02-2008, 01:01 PM
You could also just use an AudioLink. You would have to move your MP3s to an SD card or USB stick, but you can get a 2GB SD card for 15 bucks....

http://www.audiolinkcanada.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16134&cat=0&page=1&featured
I had never heard of an audioLink until I googled it and this is what I got. It seems pretty useful, but I would rather have the complete stereo MP3 unit depending on price. I have an 8gb Kingston memory stick I got at future shop for 20$.

I am not very knowledgable in car stereos as you can all tell but I would really like to be able to play MP3's in my car cause I am getting sick of changing CD's every album and not seeing the song titles/ artist.

Bowj
10-02-2008, 01:09 PM

Does this display the song titles and/ or artist in the LCD display??

x_o_k_x
10-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Just buy Ipod and integration kit, however it will not display songs, you need latest HU from 08.5
or
Your best bet would be to get 6 disk cd changed
or
Plain MP3 Mazda HU

S.F.W.
10-02-2008, 01:49 PM
is a "Head Unit" just the stereo? I would be willing to trade my original CD player for the MP3 player for sure. Where are you located and how much would you trade it for??
yes it's the stereo. What year is your car? Assuming they are interchangeable, I'd take the trade and $250.

McGuyver_3
10-02-2008, 06:38 PM
04+05 are interchangeable units and 06-current (assuming they didnt change anything in the 09`s) will fit

Noisy Crow
10-02-2008, 07:44 PM
http://www.audiolinkcanada.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16134&cat=0&page=1&featured
I had never heard of an audioLink until I googled it and this is what I got. It seems pretty useful, but I would rather have the complete stereo MP3 unit depending on price. I have an 8gb Kingston memory stick I got at future shop for 20$.

I am not very knowledgable in car stereos as you can all tell but I would really like to be able to play MP3's in my car cause I am getting sick of changing CD's every album and not seeing the song titles/ artist.

The AudioLink unfortunately does not display the titles/artists. It works by pretending to be a 6 disc changer, so everything it presents to the head-unit is, well, CD-like. It plugs into the external CD-changer port on the back of the head unit. It DOES save changing discs... you can put 6 x 99 songs on an SD card, so you have almost 600 songs right there. And SD cards are small and easy to swap out, and take almost no space... you can store a couple dozen in the ashtray! Besides the SD and USB ports, it also it has an Aux in port you can use for external sources.

I mounted mine on sloping part of the dash underpanel near my right let, so it is easy to get at.

Bowj
10-03-2008, 07:53 AM
yes it's the stereo. What year is your car? Assuming they are interchangeable, I'd take the trade and $250.

I have an '04 sport. where are you located?? I may want to come and see it.

S.F.W.
10-03-2008, 08:41 AM
I have an '04 sport. where are you located?? I may want to come and see it.
Richmond Hill. Yonge and 16th area.