PDA

View Full Version : Street Unit rear mount now installed

ptfire
10-11-2008, 08:08 PM
I did it today at at work. It went in no problem and was very straight forward. The engine doesn't torque back like how it used to at start up and the shifting already feels better. I can hardly wait to test it out properly tomorrow when I am driving home. Because of the nature of my job I cannot take it for a spin down the road.
Maybe I should get the side mount too :)

CanadaGTO
10-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Glad to see you like it ptfire :)

ptfire
10-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks Pat, I am pleased with the choice I made.

5_Alive
10-12-2008, 04:02 AM
Let us know how that drive goes.. I'm wanting one very bad because I feel the car is so darn sloppy, even in normal driving, and its hard driving and getting smooth shifts cause the mounts are so yuck..

and let us know about that dreaded 2-3 shift, if it makes a difference..
Thank you in advance..

ptfire
10-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Well the drive home was awesome , I cannot believe how connected the car (and engine LOL) now feel. Even cruising on the highway the car feels so much better, the shifting now reminds me of how my brothers' Civic Si shifts. For those of you that don't have one on your Speed3, get one, it will be one of the best mods you can do to this car especially considering how little they cost.
Instalation is simple and is something you can do yourself.

Zspeed
10-21-2008, 09:19 PM
nice to hear ptfire....I'm waiting for mine! :)

Darkleaf
11-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Well the drive home was awesome , I cannot believe how connected the car (and engine LOL) now feel. Even cruising on the highway the car feels so much better, the shifting now reminds me of how my brothers' Civic Si shifts. For those of you that don't have one on your Speed3, get one, it will be one of the best mods you can do to this car especially considering how little they cost.
Instalation is simple and is something you can do yourself.

Where do you take your car? Any concerns?