PDA

View Full Version : DG Motorsports All-Wheel-Drive Mazdaspeed 3

Zoom Zoom Boy
10-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Hopefully this isn't a repost. Anyway, in case anyone is interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Rn_shEBbs

MRT_MS3
10-18-2008, 03:04 AM
i saw this on the us board, appearantly you need a fuel cell to do the convertion. depending on the price, i would really consider this.

3GFX
10-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I would consider a drivetrain swap on my car.....mmm rear wheel drive.

maplephin
10-20-2008, 12:28 PM
This looks like the same MS3 that was in Mazdaspeed's booth last year at SEMA07. It looked awesome!

blackspeed3
10-20-2008, 02:35 PM
I would consider a drivetrain swap on my car.....mmm rear wheel drive.

Word. I'd love a rwd speed3. I hate fwd. :flaming

SP33D 3
10-20-2008, 03:45 PM
i was told it willl cost around 8 grand to convert the speed into rwd

Fobio
10-20-2008, 03:51 PM
this is an awd conversion...without the proper tuning solution and the required electronics to control tq-splitting/slip/etc, I can't see it being more than a real hardcore project for its own sake...I'd also be concerned about longevity and wear/tear...$8000 seems to sound like where it starts...

Garu
10-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Sell it and get something AWD from factory or let's hope next MS3 will be AWD.

mleblond
10-20-2008, 04:25 PM
yeah don't be stupid guys. there plenty good AWD cars out there that will eat the speed converted to AWD for less than what you would spend to do the conversion.

To me this is a big FAIL. Even with all the money in the world I would not do the conversion.

Makes me think of stupid stuff like this
http://www.alluglycars.com/data/media/1/neon2.jpg

Zoom Zoom Boy
10-20-2008, 04:35 PM
C'mon Matt,

Don't tell me you don't find that totally HAWT!!! LOL...:chuckle

Should have a caption that says, "When Rednecks have too much time and money..."

Garu
10-20-2008, 05:01 PM
That is just plain dumb.

ptfire
10-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Isn't that the stock ride height on a SRT4? If it's not it's not too far off. LOL

royroy
10-21-2008, 01:02 AM
i cant imagine if something screws up during the conversion =/
than ur car will b just gone...

g-force
11-12-2008, 06:51 PM
goto the USA Mazdaspeed 3 forums thread: "what rear subframe fits the mazdaspeed 3" there are already several conversions going on!!!

We have two clients doing the AWD conversion and it will be far less than $8000.00; although one is on the back burner until he has more funds.

There are several AWD MS3 cars already built around the world, but the builders are still doing development work before they start a media frenzy.

I have ridden in two of them and can tell you a proper sorted AWD MS3 will absolutely destroy many of the factory built AWD cars that cost many thousands more.

Remember this car comes AWD in Japan with a 2.OL engine and auto box. The conversion uses tried and true Mazda 6 AWD system.

Unoriginalusername
11-13-2008, 04:50 PM
goto the USA Mazdaspeed 3 forums thread: "what rear subframe fits the mazdaspeed 3" there are already several conversions going on!!!

We have two clients doing the AWD conversion and it will be far less than $8000.00; although one is on the back burner until he has more funds.

There are several AWD MS3 cars already built around the world, but the builders are still doing development work before they start a media frenzy.

I have ridden in two of them and can tell you a proper sorted AWD MS3 will absolutely destroy many of the factory built AWD cars that cost many thousands more.

Remember this car comes AWD in Japan with a 2.OL engine and auto box. The conversion uses tried and true Mazda 6 AWD system.

that member is from oakville and is on this site and has the only documented conversion outside of DG who originally lied about having one and had to go ahead and finish the project.

i highly doubt you've been in two awd ms3's given only two exist and mfck's isn't an ms3... its a 3 sedan

g-force
12-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Well since you don't know the history of the DG car because there not telling the entire story lets leave that one alone, but there are three of us doing the conversion on the US board.

There is a guy in Oregon that has had the JDM AWD stuff in his MS3 for over a year! I know the guy personally from the local dealer.

There is also TWR racing who has sent me several e-mails about there car that is in testing.

Than there are the two rally cars the one built by Road Race and the one built in UK by some rally team (can't remember their name). I found them on the internet I am sure you could too.

All the parts are available! The car already exists in Japan and you can order the parts as we have done. But you don't need all the JDM parts with some research and innovation you can do the conversion with readily available USA parts except the fuel tank which must come from the JDM AWD car or be custom made.

Problem is you can't find a MS6 PTO to get the power to the rear wheels for a reasonable price used and new is crazy high if MAZDA will even sell you one.

My final word is see you at Sevenstock!

alhope34
12-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Are there any documented RWD MS3's around? I'd like RWD much more than AWD.

midz97
06-15-2010, 09:32 PM
I think I would just Buy an STI before I would drop the money on this.

3GFX
06-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Holy post from the dead!

SKYMP3
06-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Buy a STi or WRX if you want a 4WD this bad.

horto
06-16-2010, 09:51 AM
gonna keep the necro going...

it's baaa-aaack: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/01/new-york-2010-2011-subaru-wrx-sti-4-door-has-wing-needs-gold-w/

and fast(er): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hyATjjajPg

Unoriginalusername
06-16-2010, 06:12 PM
gonna keep the necro going...

it's baaa-aaack: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/01/new-york-2010-2011-subaru-wrx-sti-4-door-has-wing-needs-gold-w/

and fast(er): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hyATjjajPg

I am sure every manufacturer has a prototype not for sale that runs faster around a track too lol ... sounds different with those equal length headers