PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket parts for 3?

jack_jr
10-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi guys.

Where do you buy cheep aftermarket Mazda3 parts? Sort of the best price/value that can be reached. Online stores? I looked ebay.com. Now with the skyhigh US dollar it is not the smartest decision even + high shipping costs from US.

so maybe you have something to suggest that is local, (GTA area) cheep, reliable and also which has lots of spare parts in stock.

Thanks !!!

Noisy Crow
10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
What are you looking for? Performance mods? Bling? Audio? Did you have a look through the forums here? At our sponsors?

jack_jr
10-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Actually I need clutch(maybe racing stage 1/2 maybe just standard) and some other suspension parts.

It's not about modding the car. It's about fixing it.

Maybe the question sounds stupid but please sorry me. I am new in this and so I do not know how it works usually. This is my first car and I never happen to know how it works when you take the car to Jimmy at Street Performance.

Do you buy spare parts and he fixes it? Does he buy and he fixes it? Or maybe he has almost everything in stock so there is no need to buy. Or something else.

The issue is I know that my clutch needs to be replaced. It's more than 150 k on the car and never had a clutch replacement and now I feel it needs to be replaced.

And also there are some things that I know for sure (from a noise that comes from the car when driving on the paved roads) so I know that those things for sure needs to be replaced

So I asked this to know what to do. This weekend I am free and I would like to be prepared if Jimmy at SP calls me. Maybe he needs me taking parts with me?

Again sorry guys if my concerns and questions look dumb and stupid. I am really new (in cars and in this forum, just a second day here) and so please excuse me if you can :)

Thanks

Noisy Crow
10-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Actually I need clutch(maybe racing stage 1/2 maybe just standard) and some other suspension parts.

Hey not a problem.... you actually have arrived with a fairly unusual request... oddly enough, most people here looking for parts are interested in replacing perfectly good parts with more expensive versions of the same thing :chuckle!

But it does help to know exactly what you are looking for. Racing clutch you can get from a couple of our sponsors. If you want a standard one, I am sure you can get it from one of the affiliate dealers that offer a TM3 discount. Depending on your budget, you could also go with one from a car recycler. As for suspension.... springs & shocks you get from several of our sponsors, as well as from dealers of course. But do you need other parts?

Zoom Zoom Boy
10-29-2008, 09:14 PM

Maybe the question sounds stupid but please sorry me. I am new in this and so I do not know how it works usually. This is my first car and I never happen to know how it works when you take the car to Jimmy at Street Performance.

Do you buy spare parts and he fixes it? Does he buy and he fixes it? Or maybe he has almost everything in stock so there is no need to buy. Or something else.

The issue is I know that my clutch needs to be replaced. It's more than 150 k on the car and never had a clutch replacement and now I feel it needs to be replaced.

And also there are some things that I know for sure (from a noise that comes from the car when driving on the paved roads) so I know that those things for sure needs to be replaced

So I asked this to know what to do. This weekend I am free and I would like to be prepared if Jimmy at SP calls me. Maybe he needs me taking parts with me?

Again sorry guys if my concerns and questions look dumb and stupid. I am really new (in cars and in this forum, just a second day here) and so please excuse me if you can :)

Thanks

Hey Jack,

You'll need to take your parts to Jimmy in most cases.

Question, why do you think you need to replace the clutch at 150K? What's wrong with it?

I'd get Jimmy's opinion on that first as 150K is not that much mileage on a clutch if the previous owner knew how to drive a manual. I had 210,000K on my old Protege when I sheared one of the gears in the transmission. I easily had another 100,000K on the clutch based on current wear when they were fixing my tranny. Don't start replacing stuff that you don't necessarily need too...

jack_jr
10-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Hey Jack,

You'll need to take your parts to Jimmy in most cases.

Question, why do you think you need to replace the clutch at 150K? What's wrong with it?

I'd get Jimmy's opinion on that first as 150K is not that much mileage on a clutch if the previous owner knew how to drive a manual. I had 210,000K on my old Protege when I sheared one of the gears in the transmission. I easily had another 100,000K on the clutch based on current wear when they were fixing my tranny. Don't start replacing stuff that you don't necessarily need too...

BTW guys do they do oil ? (changing?) It seems to me dealerships are just stealing my money with crap oil and fantastic prices.

Zoom Zoom Boy
10-30-2008, 04:46 PM
BTW guys do they do oil ? (changing?) It seems to me dealerships are just stealing my money with crap oil and fantastic prices.

Yes, Jimmy will change the oil too if you want him too. Just buy the oil you want and bring it to him, although I'm sure he likely has some oils in stock.