PDA

View Full Version : Dropped a card key into the hand brake!

JohnyGT
11-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Hey guys, i got a question.

So, my girlfriend dropped a plastic card key into the hand brake box,

where there's a small opening, while she was getting off.

I tried to reach n get it, but failed. Now it got even deeper into the

box and wont see & come out.

Would leaving it in the box cause any trouble? or if there's a way to

take it out, plz tell me how to.

aris
11-14-2008, 12:27 AM
take it apart and pull it out...thats what i would do:chuckle

bunchi
11-14-2008, 12:28 AM
i don't think it's going to get in the way of anything in there, but if you really want to take it out, might have to take the center console off. can you still see it? maybe you can improvise and use 2 thin sticks and make the tips ticky so you can at least get a grip on the card... if you can still see the card

Nick
11-14-2008, 12:34 AM
yea, open up your centre armrest compartment, the one with more depth, on the inside feel around an inch from the top of the front of it. start rippin from there and it'll get you all the way to below your ashtray. be gentle, might as well clean around there when its open. gl =]

chinsterr
11-14-2008, 12:35 AM
take it apart ! :)

Noisy Crow
11-14-2008, 09:04 AM
yea, open up your centre armrest compartment, the one with more depth, on the inside feel around an inch from the top of the front of it. start rippin from there and it'll get you all the way to below your ashtray. be gentle, might as well clean around there when its open. gl =]

+1

Nick didn't make this entirely clear :) but if you pull up on the lip that is where he indicated the entire middle part of the console can be pulled out... no screws or clips, just bumps on the plastics that pop right out. Takes a whole 30 seconds to remove. The shifter is on a different piece that also pops out... if you want to remove it completely you will need to unscrew the shifter knob to the boot can come free.

mit-gee-mui
11-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Believe it or not, this is actually a common occurence.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19596&highlight=hand%2Abrake

Some visuals there as well.

:)

Walrus
11-14-2008, 09:57 AM
where there's a small opening, while she was getting off.

I tried to reach n get it, but failed. Now it got even deeper into the

box and wont see & come out.

Would leaving it in the box cause any trouble? or if there's a way to

take it out, plz tell me how to.

I'm sorry.. but if you delete the first sentence about dropping the card.. this is too funny :chuckle

cwp_sedan
11-14-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry.. but if you delete the first sentence about dropping the card.. this is too funny :chuckle

ROFL!! lol! :chuckle

Noisy Crow
11-14-2008, 10:12 AM

Well SOMEONE needs a smack upside the head! ROFL!

Soyabean
11-14-2008, 10:31 AM

hahaha, lol. That is funny. But yea, i dropped a penny in there once.... oh and also an key lol. But i just kinda pulled the side a bit on the bottom (soft plastic) and u can stick your finger in there. But the key fell out when i lifted the side a bit

But as others side, its easy, open up the center compartment and unscrew 1 or 2 screws i believe, and the whole thing comes out

dentinger
11-14-2008, 11:33 AM
take it apart ! :)

+1

geeze. its not hard.

jaimie08mazda3
11-14-2008, 01:19 PM

LOL ahahahahaha. anyway as they all said take it apart. thats what i had to do when i dropped a 20 in there. that sucked lol

kevcol74
11-14-2008, 01:26 PM
There is a tool you can buy for a couple bucks at Princess Auto that will do the trick without removing the console. Its a small retractible claw. I have one, and it works great for grabbing dropped bolts and such in the engine compartment... It has a spring loaded claw that extends via a "plunger button", and it will have the strength to get the key card out. Not sure of its proper name though...

cwp_sedan
11-14-2008, 01:29 PM
You don't need any tools. It's all clips. Pop them out, get what you dropped and put the pieces back.

Gizzmo_jr
11-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Pull the ebrake up, open the console fully (big compartment), then hold with your right hand where the rubber stoppers from the console door touch, and the left hand inside the hole for the ebrake. Pull up slightly and a half dozen I say clips will release. Fish the ebrake out and your done.

mazdathree
11-14-2008, 02:41 PM
i'm sorry.. But if you delete the first sentence about dropping the card.. This is too funny :chuckle

ha ha...

Thrizzl3
11-14-2008, 04:02 PM

lol only walrus would find things like this:chuckle

Walrus
11-14-2008, 04:04 PM
while she was getting off.

I'm still wondering what this is referring to...

JohnyGT
11-14-2008, 04:42 PM
waht a sensation ha.

JohnyGT
11-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanx alot for ur help, guys!

EvilDeadFan
11-14-2008, 05:46 PM

Lol.. I was thinking the EXACT same thing while reading this post. Too funny. :bana

SpelingChampian
11-14-2008, 08:04 PM
While I was changing my shifter I dropped the stupid bushing into that gap...and of course it decided to roll under the carpet. Long story short, to install my shifter...I had to remove my passenger seat and all the carpeting as well!

To be honest though, taking apart these cars are a cake! You don't even need to unscrew anything to get to the handbrake)...

SL3VIN
11-15-2008, 01:54 PM
all u do is open the small compartment by the hand rest in the center console then u lift it up then u remove the second panel which will give u a clear view of the handbrake area. no tools needed, i just finished installing a aux in module, it was really easy to remove the panels, done in 20 mins.
hope this helps

1flycdnM3
01-25-2009, 12:31 PM

+1 I can't stop laughing and was thinking this to myself too!