PDA

View Full Version : side mirror with defrost and turn signal

QBA
11-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Hi

I'm looking to buy side mirror with defrost and turn signal light both in the mirror and on the outside for my Mazda 3 GX 2008.5.

Any subjestion?

Thanks

Alex

cwp_sedan
11-17-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm too lazy to find it for you this morning. Search for it.

QBA
11-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Do you mean search on the forum?

cwp_sedan
11-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Do you mean search on the forum?

Of course...lol.

This is a currently failed GB, but there is some info in it to a GB currently going on on M3F for the mirrors with LED turn indicators.
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=28454

QBA
11-17-2008, 10:58 AM
thanks for the help cwp_sedan :)

cwp_sedan
11-17-2008, 11:08 AM
thanks for the help cwp_sedan :)

No prob. I'm awake now so I don't mind helping. :chuckle

QBA
11-17-2008, 11:51 AM
The group buy from M3F is only for the glass with or without the led light, I want to buy the whole thing with lights on the cover as well.

I'm not really buying because it may look cool or not, I just notice that it make a difference for others to see your turning signal on the road

cwp_sedan
11-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Well it's over $500 for the link that you posted in the other thread. Those were motorized folding mirrors. If all you want is the led cap then buy the mirrors and then buy the cap separately.

cwp_sedan
11-17-2008, 11:58 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M47-06-Mazdaspeed3-MPS3-LED-Signal-Mirror-Cover-MPS-3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33649QQihZ009QQitemZ1 90261272528QQtcZphoto#ht_2957wt_0

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/56A-Mazdaspee3-Mazda3-LED-Arrow-Tint-Wide-Angle-Mirror_W0QQitemZ350108030162QQihZ022QQcategoryZ526 40QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

There you go. Buy away. lol.

QBA
11-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks cwp_sedan,

I'm not paying 500 bucks for side mirrors lol

So I will do just what you advise me, buy the two parts separate.

How do I get the cover to be the same gray dark color of my Mazda 3?

How do I get the mirrors to be heated for the winter and the rain?

cwp_sedan
11-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks cwp_sedan,

I'm not paying 500 bucks for side mirrors lol

So I will do just what you advise me, buy the two parts separate.

How do I get the cover to be the same gray dark color of my Mazda 3?

How do I get the mirrors to be heated for the winter and the rain?

I would either buy them both from Speedline or see if you can get the mirrors from the GB cheaper and then just order the caps from Speedline or wherever for that matter. Be aware though you may get dinged for import fees.

The caps come unpainted so you'll still have to have them painted.

Since you have a GX I'm not sure if you have OEM heated mirrors to begin with. There is a how-to for them but only for power mirrors.
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=103358.0

QBA
11-17-2008, 12:21 PM
thanks cwp_sedan,

I read that seller on the link you posted, will paint it for me for an extra 50 U.S.D if I provide them with the color code.

How much do you think this imports feeds will be?

My GX has power mirror, I'm not a car guy but I'm assuming that power mirror means, I have a button where I can changed each mirror position without having to physically touch them right?

cwp_sedan
11-17-2008, 12:31 PM
thanks cwp_sedan,

I read that seller on the link you posted, will paint it for me for an extra 50 U.S.D if I provide them with the color code.

How much do you think this imports feeds will be?

My GX has power mirror, I'm not a car guy but I'm assuming that power mirror means, I have a button where I can changed each mirror position without having to physically touch them right?

I never trust people painting stuff and then shipping. If it doesn't match right or gets damaged it's going to be your loss. I would just have them painted here.

No idea what fees will be.

If you're not a car guy, I would look into this a little more before you buy. Who will be installing them? If you plan on doing it you may need to do a lot more research to find out what needs to be done.

QBA
11-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I will take it to Selective Sound, those guys installed my stereo system, so I feel pretty comfortable with them.

I will fallow your advice and paint them locally them.:chuckle

QBA
11-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Any idea where can I get those mirrors cover paint at in the GTA and how much will the paint job cost?

QBA
11-18-2008, 09:34 AM
What do I need to buy to get the heated feature of the mirror to work?

Does it heat the mirror at all time? or should I install a switch to only turn it on when is raining or snowing?

cwp_sedan
11-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Any idea where can I get those mirrors cover paint at in the GTA and how much will the paint job cost?

Do a search. I know there are a few places people get their stuff painted.

What do I need to buy to get the heated feature of the mirror to work?

Does it heat the mirror at all time? or should I install a switch to only turn it on when is raining or snowing?

No idea. Other than that how-to thread I'm not sure.

The OEM mirrors turn on when the rear defrost is turned on.

QBA
11-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks a lot cwp_sedan