PDA

View Full Version : Sidemarker bulb replacement

p-o-g-i
12-03-2008, 10:23 AM
This may sound like a stupid question to most, but how the heck do you take the bulb out of the sidemarker housing?

I know how to take the sidemarker housing off the car, but I’m having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to get the bulb out…???? Doesn’t help either that the housing is slippery from the rust proofing I had done over the past weekend….

I tried doing a search using key words such as sidemarker/ bulb/ replacement….. but couldn’t find anything.

Anyone?

mEtH
12-03-2008, 11:54 AM
You cannot replace the bulbs in the sidemarkers, you have to replace the whole lamp.

p-o-g-i
12-03-2008, 12:46 PM
You cannot replace the bulbs in the sidemarkers, you have to replace the whole lamp.

Really?!?! I did a quick search that showed the bulb in the sidemarker is an 1157A bulb. Isn't that the small peanut bulb, like the one use for the license plate?

p-o-g-i
12-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Never mind.... I stand corrected.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=16506&highlight=replace+bulb

Doesn't that suck. $30 to replace a side marker..... doh!?!?!?

yearoftherat
12-03-2008, 01:30 PM
For that price you might as well get a pr of the LED ones

p-o-g-i
12-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking, but it would have to be for amber LED's. or a lense I could tint amber...

Looks like I'll have to inquire around to see who has any for sale......

Jeff-TheBiz
12-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking, but it would have to be for amber LED's. or a lense I could tint amber...

Looks like I'll have to inquire around to see who has any for sale......

They are ridiculously easy to uninstall... best off to just drop by a wrecker and grab one.. can't be that much.