PDA

View Full Version : TM3 stuff a mazda event

dsichewski
12-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Ok I know this isn't about the board per say but i figured this was the best spot to write this suggestion to see what you thought.

I know this year its a bit late as i just came up with the idea last night, but this could be done for next christmas or other holiday (easter, thanksgiving etc)

I know in years past we have done donations to food bank etc so my suggestion is to have a food bank drive, call it " TM3 stuff a mazda event" and see how many 3's we can stuff with food bank donations. then we could have a car meet/cruise and take all the donations to the donation center to drop off.

Just a thought...

David

Effin Itai
12-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Fantastic idea. Next year we will do this.

Broli
12-16-2008, 12:49 PM
i am all for this!

our food drive last year was great! and i am sure we can out do it with another try!!

Krakor
12-16-2008, 02:53 PM
That is a great idea!

I am all for it!

Would be nice if maybe some dealerships sponsored us to help out.

Maybe matching donations and stuff?

vlad5434
01-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Thats sounds like a good idea

She_Prime
01-04-2009, 01:54 AM
Very good idea guys!!! I'd be so into this.

Whose Mazdas would be stuffed though? And they'd need a little room to still be drivable.

I'll donate mine :)

Noisy Crow
01-04-2009, 01:58 AM
You know what guys...

Christmas time comes, everyone gets into the "share the joy" and pitch in to fill up the food banks.... and then January rolls around. And low-income people still need to eat, still need to keep warm through the rest of the winter.

So.... why wait until next Christmas? Why not, say, sometime in February, right in the middle of the dreariest part of the year?

dsichewski
01-04-2009, 04:13 AM
You know what guys...

Christmas time comes, everyone gets into the "share the joy" and pitch in to fill up the food banks.... and then January rolls around. And low-income people still need to eat, still need to keep warm through the rest of the winter.

So.... why wait until next Christmas? Why not, say, sometime in February, right in the middle of the dreariest part of the year?

another good idea as well...I'm for it....we can use my hatch as well....cause we all know hatches hold more than sedan's :P

1flycdnM3
01-05-2009, 10:55 AM
wow! great idea! I missed out on this last year (although i did give cash) and would definately participate again this year! It's a small thing we can all do to help the less-fortunate in their time of need.

IM IN!

Krakor
01-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Sounds like an even better idea!

We should try to get a dealership or 2 to let us fill a MAZDA3 with their logo on it and the TM3 club logo.

Maybe The Biz (Jeff) coul see what can be done?

This way we can promote, Mazda, The TM3 club and the dealership.

Everybody wins.

Maybe we should look at some slightly warmer weather so we can be sure more people will come out.

If it is too cold, people won't come.

Just look at the police food bank drives. They do extremely well in the spring and summer but not as well in the winter.

Anyone else have any ideas?

plontoc
01-07-2009, 05:56 PM
I'd be in to help support the cause. Noisy Crow is right so I'm down at any time of the year.

I can see if I'd be able to pull some strings at work to match or donate for some exposure as we're expanding within the next month or so and any publicity is good publicity.

I've subscribed to this thread to see what happens.

Noisy Crow
01-07-2009, 11:31 PM
So... when should we do this guys? I'll set a reminder in Outlook so we can wake the thread up....

S.F.W.
01-08-2009, 12:16 AM
What if we start the drive in early March, run it for a month, deliver prior to Easter and Passover, which are April 12th and 9th respectively ?

She_Prime
01-08-2009, 04:06 AM
What if we start the drive in early March, run it for a month, deliver prior to Easter and Passover, which are April 12th and 9th respectively ?

I really like that idea. Another time when food donations are in high need at food banks. Good thinking Ami! (I'll mention it in this month's TM3 Times)

So are we going to see if different dealers will let us "stuff" their Mazdas or should we "donate" our own cars?

Krakor
01-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I think it would be cool if a couple dealers were on hand with a demo vehicle. Maybe different Mazda vehicles.

What does everyone else think?

They could even have their dealerships name on the cars.

Any feedback on that idea?

Any dealers interested in doing this?

Let me know.

dsichewski
01-12-2009, 05:39 PM
well i wasn't expecting this would go this far, but its great it has.
Me personally, I would rather have ppl from tm3 fill our own cars, have say couple ppl in the west east and central...I would like it to come from TM3 members. It would be great if a dealership would like to donate something, but I'm not comfortable with them having cars there advertising themselves and such. I want the focus to be on this comming from the TM3 members and not this is from Mazda and were just kinda there...

David

Krakor
01-13-2009, 09:49 AM
I do understand your point.

I was looking at it from a larger scale. If the dealers are there, they can advertise in their locations, maybe a notice in their shop and stuff, and we could have more people come out because of it.

Either way, I would still support this.

Let me know what the next step is?

Thanks.

dsichewski
01-13-2009, 08:26 PM
well in the end its going to be up to the tm3 committee as to how they want to do this.
I'll support it either way, as I'll be filling my car...

Not saying your idea was bad or anything like that, just wasn't exactly how I thought about doing it...

David

Thrizzl3
01-13-2009, 08:30 PM
good idea but would it be a food bank thing or just clothes and stuff..ill be willing to stuff my car from the mississauga side:)

dsichewski
01-13-2009, 08:34 PM
my thoughts were food bank drive, as it was the stuff a bus that got me the idea....
doesn't mean more can't be collected...

She_Prime
01-16-2009, 01:19 AM
As said earlier... I'll stuff my car too.

Krakor
03-03-2009, 07:07 PM
What ever happened to this idea?

She_Prime
03-04-2009, 12:15 PM
I know! The Easter season is fast approaching too so it might be a good idea to get on this if it is going to happen.

dsichewski
03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I've been slowly collecting and saving money to buy more stuff.....

Does this sort of thing need to get approval from the tm3 admin???

S.F.W.
03-04-2009, 02:19 PM
I've been slowly collecting and saving money to buy more stuff.....

Does this sort of thing need to get approval from the tm3 admin???
Don't think it needs approval, but just in case, I approve.

Now how are we organizing? I will not be around when the donating occurs, as I am traveling most of April

Thrizzl3
03-04-2009, 05:03 PM
someone can have a box in their car which will carry around the various food items that people can donate at the meets i guess..

She_Prime
03-04-2009, 07:09 PM
That would be a good idea. Are you volunteering Phil? :chuckle

I'll do the west-end if people still want to get this going...

Thrizzl3
03-05-2009, 01:12 AM
i'm down for anything contributing to life's goodness:)

S.F.W.
03-05-2009, 01:15 AM
someone can have a box in their car which will carry around the various food items that people can donate at the meets i guess..
Great idea. Myc ar won't work as it is still filed with Apparel.

Thrizzl3
03-05-2009, 01:24 AM
no worries Ami i'm volunteering to collect for the mississauga, brampton and woodbridge side

dsichewski
03-05-2009, 01:45 AM
I can collect for the tri-cities area...aka kitchener, waterloo, cambridge...

Krakor
03-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Why don't we get a few people from each area to be "car stuffers" and just have people drop stuff off in designated areas?

Is this only going to be a TM3 meet or should we encourage friends and family to come out too?

Not sure how we are going to market this event.

She_Prime
03-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Why don't we get a few people from each area to be "car stuffers" and just have people drop stuff off in designated areas?

Is this only going to be a TM3 meet or should we encourage friends and family to come out too?

Not sure how we are going to market this event.

Are you volunteering too James? because I was thinking to get an Oakville meet running maybe next week and then we can all bring canned items to Williams.

Maybe next week's La Paloma should do the same.

As for the Kitchener area- figure something out in your Tri City Area thread?

Krakor
03-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Are you volunteering too James? because I was thinking to get an Oakville meet running maybe next week and then we can all bring canned items to Williams.

Maybe next week's La Paloma should do the same.

As for the Kitchener area- figure something out in your Tri City Area thread?

Great idea Angela but I may not have my car then. I am looking at getting some mods done so I don't know how long it will be in the shop.

Do we have a definate date yet? Ummm I mean for the event... Not for you and I...:chuckle

She_Prime
03-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Great idea Angela but I may not have my car then. I am looking at getting some mods done so I don't know how long it will be in the shop.

Do we have a definate date yet? Ummm I mean for the event... Not for you and I...:chuckle

Well as I said, I can run the west-end collection- not to worry!

As for our date- I'm sad. :( lol

Thrizzl3
03-05-2009, 04:50 PM
i say we start first week of april..after april fools day:chuckle

Krakor
03-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Well as I said, I can run the west-end collection- not to worry!

As for our date- I'm sad. :( lol

Hey listen, I don't want 1fly to pull a Chris Brown on me!

So try to resist me!

:chuckle

She_Prime
03-05-2009, 05:39 PM
i say we start first week of april..after april fools day:chuckle

Sounds good Phil! I can include it in the next Times too.

But wait, that cuts it close to Easter. Isn't it like the 10th?

As for you James: I'm sure Scott won't mind :chuckle

Krakor
03-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Sounds good Phil! I can include it in the next Times too.

But wait, that cuts it close to Easter. Isn't it like the 10th?

As for you James: I'm sure Scott won't mind :chuckle

Maybe he needs to be included in this conversation? :)

I am heading out to Oakville Mazda.
I should be there by 6:30pm.

If anyone wants to drop in I will be there for a bit checking some stuff out.

See you there... I hope.

She_Prime
03-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Maybe he needs to be included in this conversation? :)

I am heading out to Oakville Mazda.
I should be there by 6:30pm.

If anyone wants to drop in I will be there for a bit checking some stuff out.

See you there... I hope.

Sorry! working tonight...

So we got Phil collecting for the east end, me collecting for the west end and dsichewski collecting for the tri city. Now we just need a starting date- and which food bank to donate to.

dsichewski
03-26-2009, 02:03 AM
so starting date and finishing date?........now and end at easter? now and end after easter? now and go for a month or so?

I'm thinking since we or toronto mazda 3 it would be right to help a toronto food bank?

She_Prime
03-26-2009, 05:51 AM
so starting date and finishing date?........now and end at easter? now and end after easter? now and go for a month or so?

I'm thinking since we or toronto mazda 3 it would be right to help a toronto food bank?

That's what I was thinking too. Start date lets aim for April 1. Do it for the entire month of April. I will put a bulletin up in this months Times too. So as of April 1st start bringing canned goods out to meets TM3!

Was thinking too to maybe ask our affiliate dealerships (Mazda of Toronto, Oakville Mazda, Select and Mountain Mazda etc) if we can have collection boxes on site for their staff and patrons to donate non perishable food items too. Think it may be a good idea.

So dischewski you still ok for the tri-city to collect? I'm still fine with doing the west end and Phil I still assume will take on the east end. If we wanna do the dealership thing you are also responsible for asking the local dealerships if they are willing to participate.

I would really like to get this on board people!