PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Locks Not Working

SpelingChampian
12-14-2008, 06:57 PM
More issues today :bang

My car won't lock/unlock whenever I use the key remotely (i.e. not physically unlocking it). I know that the batteries aren't dead as when I press the unlock button the light flashes on the key (but nothing happens to my car).

They were working fine this morning, and now they randomly decided to stop...any suggestions? It doesn't lock or unlock :flaming

Noisy Crow
12-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Did you try the other remote?

Fobio
12-14-2008, 09:10 PM
be careful as you proceed...a new wiring harness/ecu will run you over $1500...might be a good time for the the pros to step in...

SpelingChampian
12-14-2008, 11:12 PM
be careful as you proceed...a new wiring harness/ecu will run you over $1500...might be a good time for the the pros to step in...

I suck with wiring so I wouldn't even bother twiddling with it...but thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know what fuse the locks use? I'll check if it's blown (I looked in the manual but it's very vague)...

If not - off to the dealer!

Noisy Crow
12-14-2008, 11:29 PM
I suck with wiring so I wouldn't even bother twiddling with it...but thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know what fuse the locks use? I'll check if it's blown (I looked in the manual but it's very vague)...

If not - off to the dealer!

F75 for lock and passenger/trunk unlock; F37 for drivers door unlock.

The keyless Control Module (the receiver in the car) is powered via the room fuse, F31. For some bizzare reason it also has a feed from the sunroof fuse, F80. Not sure what that is about... I'd have to look further.

McGuyver_3
12-14-2008, 11:45 PM
NoisyCrow if the fuse for room is disconected then the guage cluster stops working properly. I have tried that already.

Does anything else not work or only the lock and unlock feature?

SpelingChampian
12-15-2008, 12:55 PM
The only fuse I removed was for my DRL (for my angel eyes), but I removed that months ago with no issues. So really, the only things that don't work is the locking/unlocking and my DRL (but they don't work due to the lack of a fuse).

Effin Itai
12-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Can we say PJB! I hope not bud. If it is, I can give you the 411 on who can get you one, now that I spent so much for mine.

Noisy Crow
12-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Did you try the other remote?

Have you done this yet? It just might be a flaky remote, despite the light on it still working.

SpelingChampian
12-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Embarrassingly enough, I can't find the other one at the moment :( I should probably go look for it now.

*runs away to find it*

SpelingChampian
12-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Well, I just took a guess and D/Ced my battery resetting my ECU and magically everything works fine again!

I put my DRL fuse back in and D/Ced my Angel Eyes for the time being too - hopefully the problem doesn't come back. I'm still going to Mazda to have it checked out to be on the safe side though.