PDA

View Full Version : Realtime Chat?

omalak
12-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Just a suggestion, with so many active users would it be a possibility to add an embedded chat applet on the forums?

I've seen it done on some forums..

what are you're thoughts?

It can also be used to help new members (such as me) and direct people to the search feature lol (speaking of which i hope this wasn't posted before haha):chuckle

mit-gee-mui
12-15-2008, 08:11 PM
We have one.
http://gabbly.com/torontomazda3.com/forum/
:chuckle

It's just that people don't really use it, or misuse it.:whoa

Oh, and look at the links at the bottom.:) Every now and then, someone asks, but there is never enough interest.

omalak
12-16-2008, 12:40 AM
hmm no... not was i was thinking really..

I;ve seen sites where right under the the welcome banner ( Welcome to TM3), there is an embedded chat client right in the page.. no silly pop ups or applets coming up.. but built right in the screen...

id link a site.. but i'm not so sure it;s a good idea as the site deals with " gray market material" lol *cough* sats *cough"

I just saw the TM3 one you linked... ummm it's horrible lol

kevcol74
12-16-2008, 09:56 AM
PM me that link to *cough* sats *cough" :chuckle

Thrizzl3
12-16-2008, 10:02 AM
embedded chat?? why just add people to msn and make a chat there by inviting more people:chuckle we did that already and we had 16 people in one room. we chatted from 10pm-2:30am boy was it funny

She_Prime
12-16-2008, 10:20 AM
embedded chat?? why just add people to msn and make a chat there by inviting more people:chuckle we did that already and we had 16 people in one room. we chatted from 10pm-2:30am boy was it funny

That was pretty funny. And being a new member too I found it benefited me. I got quite a few new friends/MSN contacts by the end of the night.

I don't know if this will become a regular thing, but it should. Ours really picked up after midnight once the "Friday" thread closed. I think we should make it regular !!

Go_Habs_Go
12-16-2008, 04:40 PM
you youngsters should be spending more time outdoors rather than sitting at your computers typing away all night long...uhmm and never mind the fact that I'm sitting at my computer typing this, that's besides the point!

now where's my walker dangnabit!

S.F.W.
12-16-2008, 05:40 PM
That was pretty funny. And being a new member too I found it benefited me. I got quite a few new friends/MSN contacts by the end of the night.

I don't know if this will become a regular thing, but it should. Ours really picked up after midnight once the "Friday" thread closed. I think we should make it regular !!

It was fun...and if it wasn't for your parents, I would have had my banana bread :(

omalak
12-16-2008, 08:18 PM
It was fun...and if it wasn't for your parents, I would have had my banana bread :(

lol what the hell? haha i want Banana Bread!!:bana2

She_Prime
12-16-2008, 08:54 PM

You will get your banana bread! I promise you Ami! Even if it means getting more ripe bananas, making another loaf and personally delivering it to you! :)

lol what the hell? haha i want Banana Bread!!:bana2

Come to the next big TM3 meet! (Summer BBQ?). I'll make some more for whenever it goes down. And if it is TM3 BBQ I'll make some other goodies as well!!!!

Because I'm just THAT awesome LOL.

x_o_k_x
12-16-2008, 10:32 PM
I was actually thinking of the same thing few days ago, realtime chat would be cool to have..

Dave_The_BMXER
12-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Ya Banana chat would be good.

Wait I got confused... mmm banana bread.

stormin84
12-17-2008, 05:07 PM
wait what are we talking about? chat or banana bread?...because i can sure go for some banana bread...

She_Prime
12-17-2008, 08:51 PM
wait what are we talking about? chat or banana bread?...because i can sure go for some banana bread...

I made some after Ami said on Friday night he liked it. But my parents ate it before the TM3 dinner.

Want some too Kyle? I still owe Ami a loaf. I guess I'll take baking orders in the next chat.

mazdas3sporte
12-18-2008, 01:28 PM
u mean like facebook chat???

She_Prime
12-18-2008, 05:08 PM
u mean like facebook chat???

No MSN. We all have a bunch of TM3 members on our MSN lists so everyone just added who they had in one window and it ended up being 20 or so of us in one window.

Good times.

We doing it again tonight boys? :)

Thrizzl3
12-18-2008, 05:11 PM
No MSN. We all have a bunch of TM3 members on our MSN lists so everyone just added who they had in one window and it ended up being 20 or so of us in one window.

Good times.

We doing it again tonight boys? :)

he's talking about how the TM3 forum should have a chat option like facebook does, not msn lol

STeeLy
12-18-2008, 06:53 PM
I think a Chat Room on TM3 would be pretty cool... I wouldn't mind a 3rd party one actually.

omalak
12-18-2008, 09:02 PM
it's like realtime inline browser chat..

http://www.vbulletin-chat.com/

See on that site where it says welcome to vbulletin-chat thank you for visiting blah blah..

basically if i came on TM3 as a guest i would see that box with registration info and what not..

but if i were registered i would see a chat screen built right int that area.. and i could just talk to anyone who is on there at that moment.. so you can call it like a shout box.. it's a nifty idea..

OR we could hit up IRC :chuckle and get a IRC chat room going haha..

openuser
12-18-2008, 11:10 PM
I was thinking IRC too.
I really like IRC though.. Have been using for Ultima Online and it is awesome.

Thrizzl3
12-18-2008, 11:11 PM
last time i used IRC was like 6 yrs ago

-RJ3-
12-19-2008, 01:27 PM
LOL irc man those were the days. If I'm home later I'll be online msn again. Btw we should post the thread with msn contacts here. It should called IATL. (in after the lock) hahahah

She_Prime
12-19-2008, 04:30 PM
LOL irc man those were the days. If I'm home later I'll be online msn again. Btw we should post the thread with msn contacts here. It should called IATL. (in after the lock) hahahah

Sounds good to me! The fun shall begin at 12:01am. Anyone who was in last week be back on and if anyone wants in on it put your msn contact in this thread and one of us will add you

-RJ3-
12-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Here's the link:
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=15757&highlight=msn+contacts

Mods if this against privacy, delete my post...

She_Prime
12-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Here's the link:
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=15757&highlight=msn+contacts

Mods if this against privacy, delete my post...

How will we know which ones to add tonight though Ryan?

-RJ3-
12-19-2008, 05:29 PM
lol.... good point.... ive had a lot of people add me this week, so I would just add them regardless they are away..... some of there reactions were suprising...

LOL

Phil might be hosting it tonight...

She_Prime
12-19-2008, 05:40 PM
lol.... good point.... ive had a lot of people add me this week, so I would just add them regardless they are away..... some of there reactions were suprising...

LOL

Phil might be hosting it tonight...

Very true. It was amusing last weekend. A lot of WTFs? came our way for sure.

So anybody who doesn't have at least one TM3 member on their msn list PM me with your email address and I'll add you the conversation when it goes down late tonight.

I think that works best, agreed Ryan?

-RJ3-
12-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes m'am..... you will be our main person to add / host members to add to our chats... Phil will start it up tonight, but feel free to start it if your available...

TM3 IATL official chat

LOL!!

She_Prime
12-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Yes m'am..... you will be our main person to add / host members to add to our chats... Phil will start it up tonight, but feel free to start it if your available...

TM3 IATL official chat

LOL!!

I'll be on my computer probably around 11 or so. I don't know when Phil was intending to start it up at. So we shall see.

Will this turn into an official TM3 meet? LOL every Friday night on MSN.

Thrizzl3
12-19-2008, 05:51 PM
I'll be on my computer probably around 11 or so. I don't know when Phil was intending to start it up at. So we shall see.

Will this turn into an official TM3 meet? LOL every Friday night on MSN.

woohoo the first african-canadian man representing a sign of importance on tm3:chuckle

-RJ3-
12-19-2008, 05:55 PM
LOL.... its called In after the Lock.... IATL so a 12:00AM ...

We will see how it goes....

In the meantime the first test was a success....

If you want to get added into the chat add us

r_type_j@hotmail.com -RJ3-
philadelphia_hooligan_2004@hotmail.com philgx05

add your msn here if you want Angela

She_Prime
12-19-2008, 05:55 PM
woohoo the first african-canadian man representing a sign of importance on tm3:chuckle

Well it looks like you and I are heading the newsletter. So yay Phil!

Keeping on topic though:

When were you planning on starting it up tonight Phil?

Thrizzl3
12-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Well it looks like you and I are heading the newsletter. So yay Phil!

Keeping on topic though:

When were you planning on starting it up tonight Phil?

yes i will..12:01am

She_Prime
12-19-2008, 06:03 PM
yes i will..12:01am

Alright sounds good.

And anyone who wants to join in tonight make sure to PM me or Phil with your MSN email address and we will add you in tonight.

STeeLy
12-19-2008, 06:22 PM
OR we could hit up IRC :chuckle and get a IRC chat room going haha..

IRC FTW!

I'd totally be down for IRC.

She_Prime
12-19-2008, 06:38 PM
IRC FTW!

I'd totally be down for IRC.

MSN is planned for tonight. Maybe next week we will see about IRC.

You want in tonight Steely? Do Phil or Ryan have you added to msn? If not, pm me with your email address and I'll add you later tonight.

It's going down at 12am.

STeeLy
12-19-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm working late, I won't be home til like 1AM, if y'all are still going I'll join ya.

I'll PM u my MSN anyway, just in case u do the MSN thing again in the future.

-RJ3-
12-19-2008, 07:22 PM
for sure... it will last for a while.... I had to leave around 3ish, and they were still chatting up.... HARDCORE!

She_Prime
12-19-2008, 07:25 PM
for sure... it will last for a while.... I had to leave around 3ish, and they were still chatting up.... HARDCORE!

Lets see if it's possible to break said record tonight!

So far confirmed: Phil, Ryan, myself, Scott and Jaimie. Plus all the other random adds.

ravin13
12-21-2008, 05:45 PM
ravin_13@hotmail.com I'll join on eventually, but the next two weeks will be busy

She_Prime
12-22-2008, 10:31 AM
We do it Friday nights ravin. I don't know if we will do it this upcoming one due to the holiday season. But I'm sure the following week we will be back on track :)

Thrizzl3
12-22-2008, 11:10 AM
we can try and do a Boxing Day Edition of the TM3 Chat if anyone is up for it

She_Prime
12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
we can try and do a Boxing Day Edition of the TM3 Chat if anyone is up for it

I would be. Any other takers?

She_Prime
12-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Well it looks like I will be busy Friday too. Have a Christmas get together to attend.

I think we should nix the idea until next Friday (Jan 2). It will be a splendid way to welcome in the new year ( a day late but meh).

S.F.W.
12-23-2008, 10:54 PM
yeah, I'll be In Nova Scotia with limited internet access this Friday. I agree Jan. 2nd.

She_Prime
12-24-2008, 12:02 AM
yeah, I'll be In Nova Scotia with limited internet access this Friday. I agree Jan. 2nd.

What Ami says goes :).

We reconvene Friday January 2nd 2009!!!!!

She_Prime
12-30-2008, 05:13 PM
So how is everyone feeling about reconvening this Friday? Do people have plans or are we good to go?

I personally think it'd be good. We can talk about Christmas and New Years. Hooray.

Actually we will talk about random nonsense like usual. And try not to make Scott sad this time :chuckle

Thrizzl3
12-30-2008, 05:22 PM
So how is everyone feeling about reconvening this Friday? Do people have plans or are we good to go?

I personally think it'd be good. We can talk about Christmas and New Years. Hooray.

Actually we will talk about random nonsense like usual. And try not to make Scott sad this time :chuckle

im gonna be so tired on friday..i hope i dont fall asleep at 9:chuckle

1flycdnM3
12-30-2008, 08:16 PM
*crying on the inside*

meh im down. the chat is fun and a great idea.

STeeLy
12-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I'd be down for this Friday, except I am probably driving back to Ottawa from Antigonish, NS

S.F.W.
12-30-2008, 10:31 PM
I'd be down for this Friday, except I am probably driving back to Ottawa from Antigonish, NS
I just came back from NS..I was in Oyster Pond, Jeddore..other side of NS.

STeeLy
12-30-2008, 11:03 PM
I just came back from NS..I was in Oyster Pond, Jeddore..other side of NS.

My "sister" is at St. FX and I didn't get to see her over Christmas, so I decided to drive and see here...

I looked at the map, south and north... it looks like it's only half an hour outside Halifax, which isn't too bad... I guess

Driving there was fine, (stayed in Canada, didn't go through the states), the roads were relatively smooth all the way there, but the drive back might be bad... they're calling for snow.

She_Prime
12-30-2008, 11:41 PM
im gonna be so tired on friday..i hope i dont fall asleep at 9:chuckle

Take a nap. You'll need it :chuckle

So we going live then people? So far I have a yes from Scott, a tired Phil and Ami and Steely discussing NS.

Ryan where are you? I need someone to slap everyone straight.

Trypthotan comas are gone peoples, TM3 chat is now on the agenda.

-RJ3-
12-31-2008, 07:31 AM
Ryan where are you? I need someone to slap everyone straight

LOL. Depending how I feel new years day. It's going to be a happy hangover number 3 this holiday. You may need to tame me LOL.

She_Prime
12-31-2008, 09:41 AM
You may need to tame me LOL.

That.... could be arranged LOL.

You boys are driving me crazy! Friday morning I need a definite yes or no from all of you! Besides this may be my last edition for a while as I go to full time as of Monday and who knows what hours I'll be working.

So I know since you all love me I think we definitely should have a chat Friday night.

Yup, this is all about me :)

-RJ3-
12-31-2008, 09:44 AM
Wait I thought you were texting through your phone during work hours. What's the difference? LOL

She_Prime
12-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Wait I thought you were texting through your phone during work hours. What's the difference? LOL

I haven't been working since September. I've been completing my last stint of in school and now I'm going back on FT hours. Plus I am cheap and have a data block on the iPhone.

Plus would you really want to multiuser chat on an iPhone messenger? I did it with Scott and Alan and man was it a pain!!!

And how would you feel if you were the patient whose nurse was constantly on her phone and not paying attention to you?

Kinda sucks.

-RJ3-
12-31-2008, 12:00 PM
LOL.... been there done that... but Not as a nurse LOL....

Thats what I figured... Now Broli can catch up in his post count since you might be slowing down... LOL!!!

She_Prime
12-31-2008, 12:57 PM
LOL.... been there done that... but Not as a nurse LOL....

Thats what I figured... Now Broli can catch up in his post count since you might be slowing down... LOL!!!

But remember, Alex is going away soon! So I will have plenty of time to get on up there too!

And I'll still have 12 solid hours to post anyway. Work 12, post 12. It all will be splendid.

ravin13
01-01-2009, 10:40 PM
someone adds me, I'll be on late in the evening

She_Prime
01-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Well it's the pivotal Friday morning... who's up for the chat tonight?

ravin13
01-02-2009, 10:51 PM
So is it going on?

-RJ3-
01-02-2009, 11:03 PM
we are online now. add r_type_j@hotmail.com and I will add you.

S.F.W.
01-03-2009, 02:18 AM
we are online now. add r_type_j@hotmail.com and I will add you.
I just got home, so I guess I missed it this week.

STeeLy
01-03-2009, 03:17 AM
Yup, I got home an hour ago from NS... I guess I missed it too.