PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Mpv, 2001, electricity out, smoke

air88
12-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi everybody,

Few weeks ago, I bought a used mazda mpv 2001 with 137000. Yesterday, the battery went down for the second time, jump started, but today was down again.

Jump started, but heater was not working and some smoke came out the front. Returned home car flat...what is going on?

thank you.

air88

Malcolm991
12-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Maybe the surpentine belt is gone!

air88
12-21-2008, 10:03 AM
thanks for the answer. I will call today a garage...

m_a_t_r_i_x
12-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Where did u buy it? dealer or private? well its common knowledge before u buy used vehicle to have it check by a mechanic, if not you took the chance buying somebody else problem.

considering the condition of the vehicle its not road worthy driving it especially this snowy winter condition, you dont want to get stuck out there !!!! have it check by a good mechanic and get ready to dig deeper in your pocket.

goodluck

air88
12-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Thank you for your answer Matrix.

I bought it from a private...Sorry, I am new in this country. How a mechanic could have throughly check it? Do private sellers accept to have their cars taken into a garage by a prospect buyer..?

thanks again.

air88

Halogen
12-22-2008, 09:50 PM
If their serious about selling the car, but never without some form of collateral. (Just leave your wife) What country are you from ? Russia ?

About your car, was there a lot of smoke ? or just a random cloud ? Did it happen more then once ? Sounds like your battery isn't keeping a charge. Get charging system tested at Part source, then buy a new battery if it check in ok.

Can a serpintine belt be broken and the car still run ?