PDA

View Full Version : first interior mod

felixwong
12-27-2008, 01:30 AM
I'm a total noob to any sort of mods and I'm finally picking up my M3 (my first car btw) this coming tuesday..... I've been reading the posts for the past few days and just can't decide on a first interior style mod to do to my car...

so what would be sth simple that I could try w/o screwing anything up?

would pedals be a good start?

eqlso
12-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Interior LED lights for the maps/dome is fairly easy.

felixwong
12-27-2008, 01:42 AM
so where would i go about getting the LEDs??? does canadian tire sell them??? i suppose a regular small one would fit right?? oh ya... what colour is good from your experience?? i was thinking blue or white

MAZDA Kitten
12-27-2008, 02:45 AM
i dunno.. changing a lightbulb ... not exactly a mod.

Do the pedals

p-o-g-i
12-27-2008, 08:42 AM
both are pretty easy to do..... so why not do both?!?!?! :)

Iceman_F1
12-27-2008, 10:21 AM
i dunno.. changing a lightbulb ... not exactly a mod.

Do the pedals

While I agree with pedals is a good one, I don't agree with the fact that changing a lightbulb isn't exactly a mod. Technically, anything outside of stock would be considered a mod as you've changed it from the original specs. Unless you are replacing a burnt out one for the exact same as stock then yes, it's not a mod =P

As to which colour light...I have blue and while I like it, it's no longer useable as a map light and it's just for show. If that's the way you want to go, blue is cool. If not, a brighter white than stock is good.

12-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Interior light setup that looks good and still serve a purpose:

Cool white leds
- dome, map lights, glove box.

Red or blue leds
- Ashtray bulb, Trunk bulb

Add on lights
- Led strips or bars in footwell area and in trunk area.

All the above are really easy to do.

Visit www.superbrightleds.com for led parts.

felixwong
12-27-2008, 02:16 PM
ok so i guess I'll start w/ the lights then....

how about the pedals? I have to drill holes right??? will i need an electric drill????

Donutz
12-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Some pedals do not require you to drill any holes, but some do, so if you don't want to drill holes make sure you ask before you buy.

Also, to answer your question, if you need to drill holes then yes, you will need an electric drill... I guess you could use an old style manual drill, but I'd recommend the electric drill.

dentinger
12-27-2008, 09:41 PM
just leave the interior as is.
it's actually quite nice, and i have no issues with it.
however, just change out all the bulbs. it makes a huge difference.

felixwong
12-28-2008, 01:39 AM
ya i was looking and really like the ones where they change the orange lights w/ the blue on the dash.... looks much better than the stock orange... i guess i'm just being a noob and don't wanna mess w/ that part yet...

what's a good place to look for pedals? ebay? i've searched but im not sure if they'll fit

and so i was searching and trying to find the LEDs for the map/dome/etc... how do i make sure that im buying the right size? if someone would be nice enough to point me to the right direction i'd really appreciate it.

thx guys for being so much help

12-28-2008, 01:47 AM
Lighting guide - 2007 Mazda 3 with HID:

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

Kevin@nextmod
12-28-2008, 01:10 PM
you don't used to go to markville high school right?

chinsterr
12-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Not an interior mode per say , but I'd go for window tints !

felixwong
12-28-2008, 02:43 PM
lol who are you pearly

Gizzmo_jr
12-29-2008, 01:13 AM
he's a stalker, haha

x_o_k_x
12-29-2008, 01:23 AM
changing interior lights?? LOL sounds a little gay.. hows that gonna affect your driving? and you dont really use interior lights except for getting in and out, why do you need to change them??
I would say, get better set of speakers or subs or even better get cd deck or those touch screens. Or wrap it in carbon fibre all interior plastics.. but personnaly I like the interior the way it is and changing bulbs is not really effective in any way..

felixwong
12-29-2008, 03:27 AM
you're right the bulbs aren't effective in any way.... the interior is find it's just that i detest the orange that'll glow on my face for the forseeable future.

so i guess the light mods are for me... maybe not for everyone.....

those car decks and LCD screens are really cool.... but like i said i wanna start simple.... so i guess changing light bulbs is as easy as it gets......

Kevin@nextmod
12-29-2008, 08:56 AM
lol who are you pearly
So i guess you are the felix wong i know.....haha... and i'll keep this a secret as to who iam