PDA

View Full Version : brake squeak noise when starting up in the morning

Ogata
01-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Sooo I leave my car outside now since my mom has priority with her 09 Camry in our 1 car garage and I notice every morning when I start up the car and reverse and brake...it squeaks abit much like as if I were to soak my rotors after a car wash. Is this normal? The noise goes away after but it only appears to happen when left in the cold and only when I start it up in the morning.

Thrizzl3
01-16-2009, 12:32 AM
i have the same problem but it goes away after i brake 2-3 times i guess it just that there is moisture between the pad and the rotor and when the brakes are applied then metal heats up the moisture which creates the squeaking sound

Ogata
01-16-2009, 01:00 AM
i have the same problem but it goes away after i brake 2-3 times i guess it just that there is moisture between the pad and the rotor and when the brakes are applied then metal heats up the moisture which creates the squeaking sound

Phil you are almost always the #2 poster on all my question related threads....anyways..does this happen to anyone else?

Thrizzl3
01-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Phil you are almost always the #2 poster on all my question related threads

i dont know whether to take that in a good way or bad way

Cardinal Fang
01-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Phil you are almost always the #2 poster on all my question related threads....anyways..does this happen to anyone else?

Happens to me as well. I'm replacing my brake pads in the spring with aftermarket ones and I hope to fix this problem. I think it has to do with the brake pad compound that Mazda uses. This doesn't happen on my wife's car at all.

Krakor
01-16-2009, 09:21 AM
I park in my garage and it still happens to me.

I had a 2005 Mazda3 Sport GT and same thing. The dealership kept telling me it was just the compound used in the brake pads. Then when I had my brake pads replaced it did it again.

Now my 2008.5 Mazda3 Sport GT does the same thing.

It didn't surprise me at all.

No matter what brakes I put on still squealed like a stuck pig in the mornings.

Almost embarassing because I am sure the neighbours knew when I was leaving for work.

Gizzmo_jr
01-16-2009, 09:26 AM
I find the odd time when I brake for the first time in the cold morning, I get a squeal. I'm not overly concerned, a little bit of rust formed and needs to be removed

pinoy_eh
08-07-2009, 09:01 AM
This is an old thread, but I will be posting my observations.

Mine squeaked every morning during cold and wet mornings. It goes away after applying the brakes 2 or 3 times. Recently replaced the rear pads using a different brand and semi-metallic compound and it still squeaked in the same weather conditions. During warmer mornings, I don't hear any noise at all.

JashiK
08-08-2009, 08:31 PM
This seems to be normal. The morning dew creates surface rust on the rotors and the noise usually is heard when braking going in reverse. After a few applications of the brakes and the surface rust is swept off the noise goes away. I think a laughed a few times my dad was reversing his Mazda 5 off the driveway. Sounds pretty annoying...