PDA

View Full Version : Bent Wiper Arm

-dougall-
01-27-2009, 05:39 PM
hey guys, few weeks ago i went out to start my car, didnt realize the wipers were frozen down, and with the auto wipers set to auto, it enguaged them and bent the passenger side arm and mangled the blade to crap....

i got a new blade and bent it back, but every so often it vibrates on the way down.... now is that just crappy blades (had to get them at a gas station, sunday night at 3am lol) or is the whole arm mangled? anyone know what a new arm would run?

thanks

-andrew

All-Star
01-31-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure of the pricing for new arms. I had to manually fix mine by using two pliers (one in each hand) to twist the arm back to the proper angle. There's a 1 1/2 inch section of the blade that doesn't wipe well but at least the wiper doesn't chatter on the way down. Try re-examining the angle that the wiper blade sits on your windshield. I think I tried to get it close to perpendicular / 90 degrees.

froggy
01-31-2009, 08:46 PM
If it wasn't for the fact you said the blade was bent I'd say it was the crappy wiper blade catching and skipping over the glass, and It still might be. If the arm is still out of whack I'd assume that the problem would always be there and not coming and going. Because it's coming and going I'd look at the blade first. Did you replace the blades on both sides or just the one?? If the same type of blade acts the same way on the arm that you know is alright then you've got your answer, if it works fine on the arm that you know is good then you might need to keep playing with the arm until its better or bite the bullet and get a new arm. If you have to go get a new arm check the scrap yards also and compare it to the dealer.