PDA

View Full Version : HID install question

trancelucent
02-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question guys, but I did the search and could not find what I was looking for.
I've got an 09 GS hatch, and I installed my HID kit and had a couple of questions. From doing the research I found that 2007-2009 3s do not need the anti-flickering cable, with the relay in it, since the day time running lights are the high beams and not the h7 low beams.. is this correct?? Thus all you have to do for a 2009 is just plug in the ballasts, igniters, and bulbs and you're good to go? Don't need a ground cable or any other cables attached to the + terminal on the battery correct??
Another thing I'm not satisfied with is how my bulb plugs into the stock harness since I had to tape the two together, it looks ghetto, and I don't think that it's very secure... When researching I found this kit, it looks like it has a connector with the two terminals that plug into the stock headlight harness, I would love to find this kit and do it this way, does anyone have this, or knows where to get it?
HERE IT IS:
http://creednet69.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=howtomazda3&action=display&thread=132

trancelucent
02-09-2009, 05:46 PM
it's on the 7th pic from the top