PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Plates

JadeButterfly
03-06-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm hoping someone can answer this as the people in the issuing office seem pretty lost.

I want a license plate that looks exactly like your ordinary Ontario license plate....4 letters, 3 numbers, and the ontario crown in between the letters and numbers. + Ontario at the top + "Yours to Discover" at the bottom

but i want to customize those 4 letters and 3 numbers.

So essentially, you probably won't be able to tell if it was personalized or not (Since the one I want starts with a B).

I tried to order this online, and the only difference is that the ontario crown is not in between the numbers, and instead at the bottom right corner of the plate...I want to get it in between the letters and numbers like any ordinary plate.

Is this possible w/ money?

DumpInfo
03-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure that's possible even if you toss more money I don't think our province is gonna bend the rules just for you. I know with customizing plates you won't have the little crown but never seen that accomplished by anyone.

I'd suggest reading directly from there site on FAQ's or possibly contacting them via e-mail or directly by phone. Good Luck with that!

DumpInfo
03-06-2009, 05:05 PM
DP (double post)

mleblond
03-06-2009, 05:22 PM
the configurator doesn't let you do it online?

FLIPDADY
03-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Maybe call a rep from the MTO?

JadeButterfly
03-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Maybe call a rep from the MTO?

yeah i called a rep from MTO... at first they said everything was good and that it was no problem. Up to the point where I said can I order it...they said do it online.

I said I've tried the online configurator...and the ontario crown appears at the bottom right of the plate by default...i cant get it between the letters and numbers like how the standard plates are.

the guys at MTO said in that case, you probably can't. they told me to consult the online configurator for more help :(

FLIPDADY
03-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Lemme ask my buddy at the MTO.

JadeButterfly
03-06-2009, 07:32 PM
awesome, thanks FLIPDADY!

bluntman
03-06-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm hoping someone can answer this as the people in the issuing office seem pretty lost.

I want a license plate that looks exactly like your ordinary Ontario license plate....4 letters, 3 numbers, and the ontario crown in between the letters and numbers. + Ontario at the top + "Yours to Discover" at the bottom

So essentially, you probably won't be able to tell if it was personalized or not (Since the one I want starts with a B).

I tried to order this online, and the only difference is that the ontario crown is not in between the numbers, and instead at the bottom right corner of the plate...I want to get it in between the letters and numbers like any ordinary plate.

The ministry won't produce a personalized plate with the crown in the middle, for all personalized plates, the crown will appear in the corner.

The closest thing you can do is to find a sticker that closely resembles the crown and place it on a clear plate cover in between the letters and numbers. Also get some white tape and place it on the plate cover as well to cover up the crown on the plate. I don't recommend "altering" the plate in any way.

But you didn't hear this from me.

JadeButterfly
03-06-2009, 10:38 PM
darn. im afraid someone will be fortunate to get the plate I want without paying...since it will be like BYXX ###

:(

Thrizzl3
03-06-2009, 10:49 PM
BYXX? we are only on the BFXX series..cant you wait until we reach that series before you go for the plate?

JadeButterfly
03-06-2009, 10:54 PM
BYXX? we are only on the BFXX series..cant you wait until we reach that series before you go for the plate?

but when we are closer to BY, how do I go about requesting the exact plate I want?

JadeButterfly
03-06-2009, 10:58 PM
or maybe i miscommunicated. BYXX ### (the last 5 character are censored ;) )

but back to my original post, im just wondering if its possible...if not, then I guess the government will not get my $240 lol...no biggy :)

Thrizzl3
03-06-2009, 10:58 PM
but when we are closer to BY, how do I go about requesting the exact plate I want?

well your gonna have to wait 3 mos to get the plate you want..

bluntman
03-06-2009, 11:19 PM

but back to my original post, im just wondering if its possible...if not, then I guess the government will not get my $240 lol...no biggy :)

Don't let the crown being the wrong place stop you. If you are willing to fork over the money, grab it!

liquidzyklon
03-07-2009, 10:49 AM

but back to my original post, im just wondering if its possible...if not, then I guess the government will not get my $240 lol...no biggy :)The gov't will get your $240 eventually. Just you wait.

Don't worry too much about the crown, most ppl won't even notice it.

gabbygenier
03-07-2009, 11:01 AM
The gov't will get your $240 eventually. Just you wait.

Don't worry too much about the crown, most ppl won't even notice it.

i agree. i have a personalized plate and i had to go look at pics to see where the crown was haha

hammer
04-17-2009, 03:49 AM
asked a buddy of mine and he said you cannot get the crown in the middle on a personalised plate... on the system it always shows as personalised whether or not you make it to appear like an ordinary plate

if its 4 letters and 3 numbers you want i doubt anybody will notice where the crown is... the only exception being the members (like myself) who have read this thread ;)

DreamM3
04-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Why is it so important to you anyway? Does it add something to the specialized plate or something?

JadeButterfly
04-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Why is it so important to you anyway? Does it add something to the specialized plate or something?

lol, for personal reasons mainly...

i think for those who are wondering about this in the future...apparently you "were" able to add the crown until a couple years ago when MTO decided to not allow it anymore.

im just gonna be sticking to my stock plate for now :)

mleblond
04-17-2009, 03:27 PM
lol bet you can't guess my personalized plate ;) Easier for cops to remember you :)

Thrizzl3
04-17-2009, 05:14 PM
lol bet you can't guess my personalized plate ;) Easier for cops to remember you :)

SECHE...i didn't cheat:chuckle

rebjorne
06-26-2017, 03:17 PM

JadeButterfly just curious to hear what you ended up doing. I'm in the same boat, been wanting CHXX XXX for ages and now I'm trying to decide whether to risk trying to snag it from an MTO office in GTA/Tri-cities/Ottawa vs. playing it safe and paying the $310 for a vanity plate but I hate that the vanity plates don't allow you to have the crown in the middle.

natspriceless
06-26-2017, 04:12 PM
JadeButterfly just curious to hear what you ended up doing. I'm in the same boat, been wanting CHXX XXX for ages and now I'm trying to decide whether to risk trying to snag it from an MTO office in GTA/Tri-cities/Ottawa vs. playing it safe and paying the $310 for a vanity plate but I hate that the vanity plates don't allow you to have the crown in the middle.

rebjorne the person you tagged has not been active on the forum since 2014 and the post was from 2009...I'm not confident you will get a response from the member