PDA

View Full Version : CPE TBE Installed

spd frk
03-30-2009, 02:02 PM
On friday I finally had my CPE TBE installed. The downpipe is catted. I went to Jimmy at Street Performance like everyone else and it was all done fine and relatively quickly (3.5hrs). Although they were 1.2 hour late opening up.

Big difference from stock. ECU is still readjusting but I am seeing more boost, and a definite uptick in mid-rpm power. It is a lot louder than I imagined however. Not too bad from inside the car, but from outside it is the "push in the clutch when you go past a cop" style. Overall very happy, as the quality of the components is top notch. Dyno report will come soon, I already did a baseline so I can see how much I have picked up.

Mazda3X2
03-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Nice. I'm looking for ward to seeing the dyno numbers.

What did you baseline and do you have any other mods?

Fobio
03-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Pls post your baseline...when/where do you plan to dyno next?

RX9
03-30-2009, 04:21 PM
congras! you will love it for sure, and get a AP to jump to another step.:)

spd frk
04-04-2009, 02:48 PM
I baselined at DaSilva Racing in Pickering, they have a dynojet. They had 2 fans, on infront of car, and one on top of the TMIC. Baselined at 242whp, and 256wtq. This was about 3 weeks ago now. I am probably going to go back in another 2 weeks for the post-TBE dyno.

My only mod at the time of dyno was the RPMC inlet pipe, which frankly I am thinking of getting rid of. but I always run just 94octane.

I will psot my dyno once I sign up for free image hosting somewhere. Maybe post both at the same time.

spd frk
04-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Dyno stock is posted in dyno section. TBE dyno scheduled for 2 weeks from now.

blake_peanut
12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
I just got my CP-E TBE installed as well. I too love the sound and and agree its not to loud, sounds nice and not ricey at all. I'm heading over to check out your dyno sheet, see what kind of numbers I'm looking at.

Jimmy installed mine, great guy, great place. Wouldn't go anywhere else to get it or anything else installed.

Mods:

MS CAI
CP-E TBE
Forge BPV

Really wanting the AP now, I wonder how much of a difference it really is? Is it really worth it?

blake_peanut
12-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Well looks like I answered my own questions! The AP made a HUGE difference, like you said especially up top! Wow!

I'll definitely be looking out on the boards for a used one.

How do u like your car with the mods/AP? Is the TMIC upgrade a real necessity?