PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone professionaly got rid of Paint chips

mazdas3sporte
03-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Has anyone in this forum gotten rid of there paint chips professionally, and by this I dont mean by using a paint pen to just cover up the chip, what I mean is filling the chip and making it look like it never happend.
I really want to do this so if anyone knows a good place that repairs chips that are very small let me know, we can organize a group buy in the Toronto Area. Iam at Bathurst and Eglinton.

add you name to the list if you know a place and are interested in it getting professionally fixed.

Mazdas3sporte

mazdabetty
03-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Not sure about Toronto, but I went in for an estimate yesterday and they told me they can't really just do 1 or two chips on the hood, they'd have to do the entire thing... which would easily cost at least $800. Not sure if that's BS but they were trying to save me some cash in the end and told me I was better off just cleaning out the rust in the chips and using the pen to touch it up myself. And then they told me to accept the fact that it's an older car and not to drive myself crazy over it and sent me on my way. hahaha

aris
03-31-2009, 10:59 AM
I was better off just cleaning out the rust in the chips and using the pen to touch it up myself. And then they told me to accept the fact that it's an older car and not to drive myself crazy over it and sent me on my way. hahaha

This is the best way to do it..cause once you fix the chip another will come in it's place...:complain

Junior
03-31-2009, 11:07 AM
there's is no other 'professional' way to band-aid fix chips
besides repainting the entire section (ie: hood chips, means repainting the entire hood)
touch up pens are good to cover stuff up,
but looks budget so stay away

Noisy Crow
03-31-2009, 11:40 AM
I am sure dealerships deal with chips all the time...... Jeff, where are you.... :chuckle

Newlook
03-31-2009, 01:02 PM
On a similar subject, I got 3 long, fine and deep scratches on my door.... My guess is someone walked by and scratched it with their bag/briefcase. Touching those up with a pen is gonna look really ugly... and it looks like they're pretty deep into the metal. Argh!

Would touching up then wet sand or polish by rubbing compound fix it?

mazdas3sporte
03-31-2009, 01:03 PM
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=95560.60

Newlook
04-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Anyone tried Langka?

mazdas3sporte
04-02-2009, 04:20 PM
what is that exactly?

Trinidad
04-03-2009, 08:55 AM
It's a paint chip/scratch repair system. just go to http://www.langka.com. I'm also wondering if anyone else has tried that?