PDA

View Full Version : Maaco

silversurfer
04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Maaco? I am thinking about getting my front bumper repainted due to scratches. Maaco is saying they can turn the car around in a day.

KenYork
04-03-2009, 01:33 PM
But what's the $$$.

cwp_sedan
04-03-2009, 01:40 PM
or quality for that matter...

philipfreire
04-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Maaco is the cheap of all cheap - but in a popular way?

They usually take shortcuts around jobs. They just tape up areas and just paint - ie they dont take out lenses, but just tape it and paint.
Also there paint tends to flake as they dont really do a good job prepping - in a year your gloss will go dull...

Then again you get what you pay for. And also its just a bumper -if you specify a 3 stage paint (primer/color/clear - emphasis on the clear) it should be alright. But i believe their are better little shops around for the money.

Maaco is corporate - so your paying extra for their name and what not - your not really getting a better product.

Now guys like 427 auto - they really do the job properly - but their expensive!!!! If you really want a good job for a good price - look around for the little shops.

Hives
04-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Doesen't Jimmy do this stuff now for a jaw-dropping price?

B&T's 3
04-03-2009, 03:46 PM
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO MAACO!!!. I can't emphasize this enough. I have seen several cars personally that have been through them with catastrophic results. If you love your car, don't use maaco!

Mty Mous
04-03-2009, 03:58 PM
I second what B&T's3 said regarding Maaco.

Maybe asking detailers would be a good idea, cause they'd know when they come across a good repaint, so they'd have a good idea what shops do quality work. Just a suggestion.

-Thuwa

silversurfer
04-03-2009, 04:22 PM
ok I'm really glad I asked the question. I'll be avoiding Maaco and will send it to an independent shop.

Donutz
04-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Doesen't Jimmy do this stuff now for a jaw-dropping price?

Can anyone attest to the quality? I've been given some really good quotes for paint from Richard, but I haven't gone in yet. I have a lip that needs to be repainted, and I might possibly get my front bumper repainted.

kaval
04-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Worst quality ever. Even if it was free, I would run from it. I've detailed a couple of cars painted from Macco, and the paint was an absolute nightmare. I can't express in words how disappointed I was.

Spend the extra $ and get it done properly. Trust me.

If you want a shop to go to, PM me.

Shawn
04-07-2009, 11:23 AM
I had a good experience at reasonable price.
They colour matched a 20 year old Red on a Ford Falcon for me.
I did remove all the trim, but other than that a very good job. 3 years later still good.

The problem is they are a franchise. Hit and miss.
I went to the one at finch and dufferin. The guy at finch has been doing body work for 25years.
My brother had his miata repaint and rockers fabricated for under 3000. He went to one on Laidlaw, and I can tell you they did an excellent job. Metal was in the rockers no paper and bondo. And my dad a retired body man gave it the thumbs up too.

You just have to do your research and getting general opinions on the internet will no tell you how an individual shop in your area performs. :pop

Hives
04-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Can anyone attest to the quality? I've been given some really good quotes for paint from Richard, but I haven't gone in yet. I have a lip that needs to be repainted, and I might possibly get my front bumper repainted.

I will be going to see them when it warms up. Don't think I will get a better price, plus a quality job. Need a few minor things done

Swerny
04-21-2009, 01:20 PM
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO MAACO!!!. I can't emphasize this enough. I have seen several cars personally that have been through them with catastrophic results. If you love your car, don't use maaco!

I agree.

I had my Integra done there for relatively cheap and the results were not good.

The rust repair they did didn't last either and the paint quality was terrible.