PDA

View Full Version : Replace post count requirement with mod approval?

ieatkittens
04-16-2009, 04:15 PM
I've recently moved into the city, and as a result, I need to sell my three. I've been reading TM3 since before I bought my car...my account was created in October 2005. I don't often find the need to post (everyone here knows WAY more than I do, and most of my questions are answered by searches). I've posted my 3 on Craigslist and Kijiji and I've sick of dealing with most of the people that contact me on there..but I can't post it here because I only have 3X posts.

I agree with the 2 weeks rule...but why not just make new posts in the classifieds created by users with less than 50 posts hidden pending moderator approval?

Cardinal Fang
04-16-2009, 08:48 PM
We require you at least have 50 posts so that the members get to know you. As well we would like you to contribute to the forum and not use our board as a garage sale and then leave. That being said the reason why the classifieds is open to all for viewing is that you are allowed to purchase items without any restrictions. The only restriction you have is on selling items.

Go_Habs_Go
04-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Also your username is causing cat owners everywhere to run home and make sure their loved ones are still ok.

just kidding :chuckle

A few more posts and you'll be at 50 in no time. In the meanwhile we'll get to know you and ask you questions like "what is the best way to cook a kitten?" and "do sliced peaches go well with a kitten salad?"

kLuMzi
04-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Also your username is causing cat owners everywhere to run home and make sure their loved ones are still ok.

just kidding :chuckle

A few more posts and you'll be at 50 in no time. In the meanwhile we'll get to know you and ask you questions like "what is the best way to cook a kitten?" and "do sliced peaches go well with a kitten salad?"

classic! :chuckle

SonicBoy
04-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Or is Kittens slang for another P word?

You could respond to our enquiring questions and be up there in posts.:chuckle

Seriously good suggestion. I know there are times I don't feel like putting in a one worder or mindless dribble like this to up the count.

The rule is meant to get you to contribute so that other members get to know over time and you're not here for a fly by night sale.