PDA

View Full Version : Auto-Dim Rear View Mirror PN

Shawn
04-19-2009, 09:51 PM
What are the part numbers for the 2005 Hatch with Rain / Sensor auto dimming mirror with compass and temp?

Noisy Crow
04-19-2009, 10:44 PM
No idea... but you should be able to find it here:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214264

Gizzmo_jr
04-19-2009, 10:51 PM
My 07 with rain sensor numbers are
0000-8C-Z03 (mirror with rain) and 0000-8C-L05A (mirror install kit I think)

FLIPDADY
04-20-2009, 06:29 AM
My 07 with rain sensor numbers are
0000-8C-Z03 (mirror with rain) and 0000-8C-L05A (mirror install kit I think)
Yup that's them Matt!

Just installed mine on Friday took me under 20 minutes.:)

Noisy Crow
04-20-2009, 08:32 AM
If you have tinted windows: stick a square of window tint film (I used 35%) over the sensor on the back of the mirror... improves the mirror's response to headlights etc. Before adding the square of film I found that mirror was darkening enough, with it it is just about perfect. (The film won't stay on very well by itself... I bough a bottle of rubber cement to tack mine on better but I haven't done so yet).

Mty Mous
04-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Hold up! Are you trying to say that the mirror darkens much more AFTER you got your windows tinted? I would've guessed it would be the other way around, and that the mirror just won't darken cause there isn't enough light coming through the tinted windows for the sensor.

Is the sensor for the mirror on the back? Hmmm, wonder what that lil square sensor like thingy in the same side of the mirror is? I'm confused now. :blush

I'm actually planning on getting my windows tinted cause my eyes are quite sensitive to light... and was worried my auto-dim mirror is gonna be useless.

RedRaptor
04-20-2009, 10:41 AM
What are the part numbers for the 2005 Hatch with Rain / Sensor auto dimming mirror with compass and temp?

I think he wants the one with temperature sensor as well since he has a 2005 and there was no ambient temp display in the HU screen.

Noisy Crow
04-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Hold up! Are you trying to say that the mirror darkens much more AFTER you got your windows tinted? I would've guessed it would be the other way around, and that the mirror just won't darken cause there isn't enough light coming through the tinted windows for the sensor.

Is the sensor for the mirror on the back? Hmmm, wonder what that lil square sensor like thingy in the same side of the mirror is? I'm confused now.

The mirror measures the difference between light coming in from the front (through the windshield) and light coming in from the rear (through the rear window). The dimming (more or less) kicks in when the light from the rear is brighter than the light from the front. Tinting on the rear window reduces the overall light from the rear vs. the front, making the mirror less sensitive. I think the rear-tint confuses it. So even when you have an SUV with it's lights shining in from a couple of car lengths behind you, the mirror still does not dim properly. Putting a square of tint over the front (fowarward facing) sensor makes it more sensitive to the the light from the rear, so the mirror dims correctly.

This has to be the best dirt-cheap mod on my entire car! (No-slip liner in the knee cubby is now number 2)

JadeButterfly
04-20-2009, 12:56 PM
sry to jump into this thread, but does anyone know the PN for the stock auto-dimming mirror w/ rain sensor on the 2010 GT? I want to sell it soon and wanted to see which cars it will fit...thx

Noisy Crow
04-20-2009, 01:20 PM
This thread is so off topic! :) (Paritally my fault, I know)
I think we need to create an Autodim-mirror info thread, pick out all the useful bits and sticky it....

I you guys agree I will create the thread... though I can't sticky it.........

Mty Mous
04-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Hot Damn!! I never even knew there was a sensor on the other side of the mirror ... but that makes total sense! Thanks for that explanation. :)

I also think a seperate thread for Auto-Dim rearview mirror and how it works is a great idea, hopefully they make it a sticky too.

Shawn
04-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Bingo. Ambient temp and compass are my interest. Dimming is the bonus.

Iceman_F1
04-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Yup that's them Matt!

Just installed mine on Friday took me under 20 minutes.:)

I'm guessing the new ones are just compass and auto dim and no longer have the temp? As I think I read that it interfears with the rain sensors?

FLIPDADY
04-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm guessing the new ones are just compass and auto dim and no longer have the temp? As I think I read that it interfears with the rain sensors?
Well the one I put in my 3 only dims and has the compass.

Iceman_F1
04-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Well the one I put in my 3 only dims and has the compass.

Damn. I was hoping I could get away with the temp up there. Put in a Pioneer NAV and the dash kit I got with it didn't come with the attachment for the LCD. So I lost my temp. display.

Oh well. I could do without the dimming and compass isn't that big a deal to me.

Noisy Crow
04-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Damn. I was hoping I could get away with the temp up there. Put in a Pioneer NAV and the dash kit I got with it didn't come with the attachment for the LCD. So I lost my temp. display.

Oh well. I could do without the dimming and compass isn't that big a deal to me.

The temp ones are definitely available. The mirrors are made by Gentex. They are used on a lot cars and are available from aftermarket sellers. If you cannot get one with the temp from Mazda you can source the mirror elsewhere and just buy the installation kit from Mazda. Or just use a generic install kit... they are sold by the same peple that sell the mirrors.

Iceman_F1
04-23-2009, 01:53 PM
The temp ones are definitely available. The mirrors are made by Gentex. They are used on a lot cars and are available from aftermarket sellers. If you cannot get one with the temp from Mazda you can source the mirror elsewhere and just buy the installation kit from Mazda. Or just use a generic install kit... they are sold by the same peple that sell the mirrors.

There is that, but I'd have to make sure it doesn't mess up the auto sensing wipers...MAN, I hate those things :flaming

Will check it out though.

Noisy Crow
04-23-2009, 02:07 PM
There is that, but I'd have to make sure it doesn't mess up the auto sensing wipers...MAN, I hate those things :flaming

Will check it out though.

Won't, as long as you get the version with the compass built into the mirror rather than an external module.