PDA

View Full Version : stock rear mount

dragospeed13
04-29-2009, 03:28 PM
I went to the dealership because my car would make a slight click or tick sound when shifting hard between gears and I asked them if they could look into the rear engine mount. They told me that they could not duplicate the sound and said that my engine mount was fine. So a couple of weeks later my corksport inserts arrived in the mail and I decided to install them. When I took the mount out, I noticed that the rubber round the bolt hole that connects to the frame of the car was ripped. So I installed the inserts and put the mount back in. I don't hear the click sound anymore and the shifts feel more true. I know that my mazda warranty will cover a new rear mount, but will they say anything about the inserts if I don't take them out before I bring my car to them?

stormin84
04-29-2009, 04:41 PM
i would take the insert out and get them to replace the stock rear mount then put the insert in after. if you leave it in and try to get them to replace it, they might say you ripped it and they are not covering it.

dragospeed13
04-30-2009, 03:29 PM
yeah I kinda had that feeling too. Thanks man.

Noisy Crow
04-30-2009, 03:31 PM
i would take the insert out and get them to replace the stock rear mount then put the insert in after. if you leave it in and try to get them to replace it, they might say you ripped it and they are not covering it.

Or they might just toss it.... still not good.

05-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Or just get an aftermarket rear motor mount.
The Mazda mounts are shit anyway.

dragospeed13
05-04-2009, 11:50 PM
yeah...the only problem with a new mount is that it will cause cabin vibrations and i'm not really looking forward to that. Just from putting in the corksport inserts I felt a difference, but again that could be because my stock mount was shit to begin with. I'm still thinking about it. Thank you for your suggestions though

05-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Get the CP-e mount.
Some vibrations during break-in period.
After that, none/
Once exception - there is a slight vibration when A/C is running. Really light, does not bug me at all.

yeah...the only problem with a new mount is that it will cause cabin vibrations and i'm not really looking forward to that. Just from putting in the corksport inserts I felt a difference, but again that could be because my stock mount was shit to begin with. I'm still thinking about it. Thank you for your suggestions though

Kris"Speed3"CWP
08-11-2010, 06:15 PM

get the 2 piece unit and at 62a rating should not have a problem. The one piece units vibrate more even with a softer bushing.