PDA

View Full Version : splash guard

deandai
05-05-2009, 12:14 AM
has any one had a problem with there splash guard? i was just putting my intake in today and the bolts just snapped off
does any one have any advice?

whiteomega
05-05-2009, 07:41 AM
the more common problem with the splashguard is for the bolts to rust and stick, making it nearly impossible to remove the shield. i've never heard of the bolts snapping before.

if the car is still under warranty, see if Mazda will fix it for you.

Thrizzl3
05-05-2009, 10:09 AM
the more common problem with the splashguard is for the bolts to rust and stick, making it nearly impossible to remove the shield. i've never heard of the bolts snapping before.

if the car is still under warranty, see if Mazda will fix it for you.

doubtful..mazda will only fix manufacturer defects. if the splash shield breaks because of the owner then the owner is held liable.

deandai
05-05-2009, 10:59 AM
yeah thats what happened the bolts rusted so when we took off the splash guard they snapped off

whiteomega
05-05-2009, 02:16 PM
doubtful..mazda will only fix manufacturer defects. if the splash shield breaks because of the owner then the owner is held liable.

several TM3ers have had the shield fixed under warranty; the TSB involves swapping out the bolts, (but re-using the moulded plastic piece, which is the expensive part anyhow).

dean, ask the dealership. the worst they can say is "no", and that's where you are now.