PDA

View Full Version : Door ajar indicator light

jayslay
05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
I took my 09 GS in for its first oil change a couple of weeks ago the next day I noticed indicator light on while all my doors and trunk were closed (I even went out and checked all doors and shut them again).

I drove it for awhile with the light on and after about 10mins it turned off. I didn't think much of it but then it happened again yesterday, but turned off 10mins later.

Its just annoying b/c all my internal lights are on (I guess b/c the car thinks the doors are ajar)

Could this be an electrical or sensor problem? Should I go to the dealership for it? I want to fix it before it gets possibily gets worse.

Noisy Crow
05-31-2009, 08:39 PM
You car is under warranty.. so take it in and get it looked at.

McGuyver_3
06-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Sounds like the connector at the passenger junction box (pjb) may be loose. In the passenger footwell underneath the glov ebox there will be a black cover covering the pjb. Gently pull it down it is held in by simple clips. Underneath this cover you will find the pjb and 3 connectors 2 smaller sized ones next to each other on the left and one massive one on the right. Make sure that the 2 connectors on the left are properly connected as I have experienced they come loose relatively easy. If you need further help let me know if not comfortable enough to try on your own please take it to a dealer. It could be lots of things but that is the first pace I would check easist solution.
My appologies for the poor spelling as I am using my blackberry to respond

Azrie
02-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same problem in my 2008 GT with luxury package. The door ajar light stays on constantly even though I've gone through and shut all the doors several times. I tried the connectors but this hasn't helped. Any suggestions on what to do next? Its not under warranty anymore so I don't really want to go to the dealership and have them charge me for a simple fix.

MistaChin
02-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same problem in my 2008 GT with luxury package. The door ajar light stays on constantly even though I've gone through and shut all the doors several times. I tried the connectors but this hasn't helped. Any suggestions on what to do next? Its not under warranty anymore so I don't really want to go to the dealership and have them charge me for a simple fix.

Did you check your fuel door? trunk?

McGuyver_3
02-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Fuel door is not monitored. The trunk I would assume so not exactly sure but if the pjb is good you may have a bad actuator. Is any one of the doors not locking or unlocking with the power locking system? check each door individually. When out of the car lock all the doors. Try opening each door, if all locked and do not open from the outside press the unlock button and recheck all the doors. If one does not open while unlocked or open while locked means you have a bad actuator

Azrie
02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Well I did try the trunk along with the doors, but not the fuel door, I didn't think that would set it off but I guess I'll check.

MistaChin
02-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Fuel door is not monitored. The trunk I would assume so not exactly sure but if the pjb is good you may have a bad actuator. Is any one of the doors not locking or unlocking with the power locking system? check each door individually. When out of the car lock all the doors and try opening each door if all locked unlock the car and recheck all the doors I'd one does not open while unlocked or open while locked means you have a bad actuator

Ah ok. The door ajar light happened to me once but then I realized my trunk was released. Probably pulled it instead of the fuel door opener.

McGuyver_3
02-07-2011, 02:06 PM
My iPhone spelling is brutal I'm sorry I will revise the wording when I get home

Jeff-TheBiz
02-07-2011, 08:23 PM
My appologies for the poor spelling as I am using my blackberry to respond

My iPhone spelling is brutal I'm sorry I will revise the wording when I get home

Dan.... it isn't the phone...

McGuyver_3
02-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Dan.... it isn't the phone...

Look at the dates.
One was posted in 09 and the other posted today
BTW I also have both phones (only 3g though) and stubby fingers :chuckle

Skip
02-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I had this problem before, I pretty much summed it up to the cold weather/ice messing with a door sensor, mine went away a bit later after the car warmed up.

Noisy Crow
02-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I had this problem before, I pretty much summed it up to the cold weather/ice messing with a door sensor, mine went away a bit later after the car warmed up.

Mine as well.... wet car + freezing temperatures. Happened a couple times.... stopped happening once things dried out. Needs a good shot of lube when it's warm enough for the lube to penetrate properly.

Azrie
02-08-2011, 11:52 AM
I think it because my car is cold as well. It was on this morning but once I drove it and had the heat on for awhile it went out in mid drive. It has been pretty cold and wet here lately. Any one have suggestions for a good lube to use once it warms up to help with the sticking?

McGuyver_3
02-08-2011, 12:10 PM
sounds strange but penetrating fluid works well. May make the car smell rather funky for a week or 2 but it works. If you want to go the less aggressive way you could use white lithium spray on grease

thanu31
03-27-2011, 02:27 AM
im having the same problem.... everything was fine but after i pumped gas the door light stayed on, and after i restarted my car, the Auto lights are not working as well. :S

I tried disconnecting the battery, but the problem still persists,... im going to check the pjb tomorrow, hope it works..

thanu31
03-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Update: fixed.. Seems my friend kicked something down there, and the orange clip on the PJB was disconnected.

laksman91
03-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Update: fixed.. Seems my friend kicked something down there, and the orange clip on the PJB was disconnected.

Solution: find new friends lol