PDA

View Full Version : resonator

SP33D 3
06-08-2009, 10:33 PM
anyone put one on their speed? if so which one and how much quieter has it gotten?

Pilzz
06-08-2009, 11:00 PM
I just did last week. Got the http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1021_1033_1054&products_id=292 installed on my CBE from CTA for $80 and got it welded on at JPG for $45. I like the sound out of it. If you have a DP and think it is loud grab this. It quites down the car but does not rob you of power. It got rid of the super loudness but did not get rid of all the good noises (backfires, pops, etc.) Check out UU post from before he had the same thing done to his CPE TBE and he has before and after sounds

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=23748

CanadaGTO
06-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Both Pilzz and Unoriginalusername got the regular bottle type of Resonator. If more sound deadening is needed they also make an "Ultraquiet", it is a little more money though.

kid_icarus
06-09-2009, 06:07 PM
i think i'm going to need one of these soon....
frick
does anyone know how much jimmy might charge to do the welding?
i need to get a few other things installed so if it's about the same price i would try and do it altogether with the jim'ster

plizz i might need to ask you for a sound test since you're close by
i hate driving into my work parking lot worried that someone is going to fire me due to the noise pollution

alhope34
06-11-2009, 06:07 AM
I have James's old CBE and I want the resonator removed! I like volume, haha.

kid_icarus
06-11-2009, 09:14 AM
I have James's old CBE and I want the resonator removed! I like volume, haha.

think we can do a swap or something at jimmy's?
win win for both of us lol
assuming the condition of ours is the same
lol

Pilzz
06-11-2009, 04:11 PM
i think i'm going to need one of these soon....
frick
does anyone know how much jimmy might charge to do the welding?
i need to get a few other things installed so if it's about the same price i would try and do it altogether with the jim'ster

plizz i might need to ask you for a sound test since you're close by
i hate driving into my work parking lot worried that someone is going to fire me due to the noise pollution

Anytime you want to hear it let me know

midz97
02-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Just had to throw a resonator in my 09 speed since it was getting a bit loud for my taste, went to Hot Rod Scotts up by Lakeshore and Queensway and threw in two Magnaflows. these quieted it right down and now it Just sounds dirty when you give it. he has both the bottle type and the bigger muffler looking ones with more insulation and it is amazing how much they quiet it down without restriction.

he'll throw one in and drop the car so you can give it a try and throw another in if you like.

kid_icarus
02-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Just had to throw a resonator in my 09 speed since it was getting a bit loud for my taste, went to Hot Rod Scotts up by Lakeshore and Queensway and threw in two Magnaflows. these quieted it right down and now it Just sounds dirty when you give it. he has both the bottle type and the bigger muffler looking ones with more insulation and it is amazing how much they quiet it down without restriction.

he'll throw one in and drop the car so you can give it a try and throw another in if you like.

sounds like a decent shop.

are you able to comment on the pricing?

4g.
03-01-2010, 10:08 AM
They also have an 18". I bought one when I changed exhaust, it sounds a lot better (quieter).

4g.
03-01-2010, 10:09 AM
EDIT.
Vibrant also has an 18" resonator. I bought one when I changed exhaust, it sounds a lot better (quieter). Less of loud drone. Still bawlsy but not as annoying after driving 30min.

midz97
03-02-2010, 10:01 PM
sounds like a decent shop.

are you able to comment on the pricing?

can't remember the exact pricing but Scott won't nail you. he has done all my exhaust work performance and standard and his prices are much better than any other shops I used in the past.