PDA

View Full Version : Reverse noise

IBPLYN
06-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Hey,

I bought a pre-owned Mazda 3 GX 08.5 about a month ago and lovin it!!!! But, a couple of weeks ago I heard a noise....like a loud whinnin or a crackin noise sometimes when I back out of my doorway. It only last for like a second when I first start it up in the mornin or on a rain day. I had a couple of friends tell me about this problem but this is my new car and really want to take care if it...what should I do about? Or has anybody had the same problem. I also read on this forum that Oakville dealership is good and going for a oil change there tomorrow ( bought the car at the Ajax mazda ) but should i address this issue to them?

thanks

D.

Donutz
06-22-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm a little confused about the scenarios you've described. I get a loud cracking noise whenever my car has sat in the rain and I move it. I believe it's just surface rust that built up. In terms of the whining noise, what you might be hearing is normal. Reverse is a straight cut gear which is known to whine.

IBPLYN
06-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Thanks...Ya, that noise really only happens on a rain day. Surface built up? can I do anything to help it not make that noise? Thanks again!!!

mazdabetty
06-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I used to get a noise similar to this as well... it's pretty embarrassing, and only happens in reverse, and when it's damp out. I think a lot of people have this. I changed my brakes recently and now I just have a gross high pitched squeaking while reversing on wet days. I don't think there's too much you can do, but I recall a thread a while back where someone had a suggestion... maybe do a quick search, it should come up.

:)

MistaChin
06-22-2009, 10:43 AM
It's normal, if you search for it you'll find it because i had this problem too and i have an 09. Suck it up and take the embarrassment lol

ggn00b
06-23-2009, 03:10 PM
this sound u guys are referring to is it a buzzing sound of some sort?

mazdabetty
06-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Not really (well not in my experience anyway)... there's only so many sounds that can come from those brakes :chuckle I find it's either a loud but low moan/whine...sort of? Or the dreaded squeaks.

MistaChin
06-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Not really (well not in my experience anyway)... there's only so many sounds that can come from those brakes :chuckle I find it's either a loud but low moan/whine...sort of? Or the dreaded squeaks.

Yeah its a weird grinding/whining noise. I got scared when it first happened

IBPLYN
06-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Ya...a whinnin noise. I heard it once when I got it and then a couple of days later picked up my friends and start to back out of the drive way and then that noise came...loud and whinnin...it was embrassin