PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a vibrant cat? Can I have a listen???

Kalel
06-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Hey guys,

I just added my name to the Garage-16 Vibrant Group Buy (someone else wanna join me?). Anyway, I was hoping to hear it in person before I buy it. I want the deeper more aggressive tone, but I don't really want to crank up the volume so much that the car is annoying to drive. I was talking to p-o-g-i who has the Vibrant ultra quiet resonator which sounds perfect for what I want, I'd just love to hear it first.

Is there anyone here who has this setup who is going to be attending one of the weekly mini meets? If so, let me know and I'll drop by and give it a listen. Gives me an excuse to get out and meet some of you guys anyway!

Thrizzl3
06-26-2009, 12:14 PM
come to the la paloma meets we have a member who has a vibrant exhaust

Axelarate
06-26-2009, 02:31 PM
The Vibrant Catback is the loudest of them all. I had that and sold it to POGI. I now have the MS catback and I would have to say it is a lot more toned down in noise even when paired with a CAI. When I had the vibrant I didnt have a cai just a k&n drop in filter and it was a little too loud for my taste and it has the exhaust backfire everytime you downshift. But then again, Phil is right, best thing to do is get a ride in a car with it so that way you'll know if you will like it or not. :)

mazda3drake
07-01-2009, 11:32 AM
i agree with max. i have a vibrant exhaust on my 09 right now and i must say that it is a little to obnoxious for me. But i have buddies that love the sound so its all personal preference.

Greg_di
07-01-2009, 02:58 PM
I let Kalel test mine, I dont know why people say its very loud. I have been running it for 2 weeks now, not that loud at all unless your pushing over 5k rpm. Other then start from 1st to 2nd, I barely hear it all if under 3.5 rpm. I heard a couple mazda exhaust systems and really prefered the Vibrant for its growl over the others, but everyone has there own tastes :)

Flagrum_3
07-01-2009, 04:29 PM
I let Kalel test mine, I dont know why people say its very loud. I have been running it for 2 weeks now, not that loud at all unless your pushing over 5k rpm. Other then start from 1st to 2nd, I barely hear it all if under 3.5 rpm. I heard a couple mazda exhaust systems and really prefered the Vibrant for its growl over the others, but everyone has there own tastes :)

Not to mention it seems to tone down after awhile, I've had mine for a few years now and aslong as you take it easy on the throttle she's pretty quite.Like Greg_di says though, punch it and you'll hear it lol.

_3