PDA

View Full Version : AutoDent MEDIC.

qycxzerqp
07-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi, I would like to share this experience with you guys/girls... Today I decided to fix 2 dents on my rear door and 2 on another car. This guy, Ray, came to my place and did a nice job. He charged $150 for 4 dents and I think it's a pretty good deal. The result came out I would say 98%, and I'm satisfied.

Company: AutoDent Medic.
Phone #: 647-996-3368.

Soyabean
07-17-2009, 12:47 PM
If i can recall correctly others have had their dents fixed by some other guy $50. I believe it was $50 for 3 dents

JonsMazda
07-17-2009, 01:11 PM
If i can recall correctly others have had their dents fixed by some other guy $50. I believe it was $50 for 3 dents

Kevin the dent guy, I believe he charges $100 - $150 for 6 dents removal (pending on sizes of the dents)...search around the forums.

qycxzerqp
07-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Damn, what a rip off! grrr...

Isn't Kevin busy until August? Gotta call Ray for refund.

jonjon72
07-17-2009, 05:57 PM
For 3 small dents, I understand that Kevin charged $50.

Dreamliner
07-17-2009, 11:43 PM
I have a dent on my car. The prices I've got/heard are $100 per small dent. Can you give me a contact for the guy who did 3 for $100?

RS8
02-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I've recently used a dent guy (forget what his name was) he fixed 5 or so dents on my car for $60. I am not too happy with his work though, the dents are now very small but I can still see it. I asked my wife to take a look and she can spot 2 or 3 right away. for percentage wise I would say its about 70% fixed. Very dissappointed, the dents he fixed are very visible especially after I wash the car. If you're going to get your dents fixed you better find someone who knows what he's doing or ask in advance if dent will be fixed properly. The dents drives me crazy but I don't want to call someone else to fix the mess for another 100 bucks.

wikdslo
02-26-2010, 09:06 AM
The dents drives me crazy but I don't want to call someone else to fix the mess for another 100 bucks.

This is important.
We do the odd door dent for folks as they come in. We aren't the cheapest out there, but we aren't ridiculously priced either. I would say competitive, but on the upper end. Reason being is that we do good work, and we do it to the customers satisfaction.
We have yet to have a customer that we weren't able to make happy.

Typically when customers come in, depending on the location of the dent, sharpness, access and size, we'll tell you how good it's going to look when we're done so you know what to expect before we start.

Paying bottom dollar gets you bottom dollar work. Paying that bit extra ($150 vs $100) could mean the difference of not regretting your choice and contemplating doing it again.

Uni-Body
02-26-2010, 09:34 AM
It also depends on the location of the dent, the size, type of dent, and if the tech has to remove panels / covers to gain access to the dent(s).

3 dents x $50 (for example) doesn't accurately reflect the work that was done, so to compare your price based on the number of dents only would be very inaccurate.

I agree with wikdslo's post also - choose someone who has fantastic experience, not the cheapest price. You'll get a much better end result. Paintless Dent Repair is very skilled labour, the better the tech is then the better the repair will be - and you never want to spend money twice for the same problem!

If anyone needs exceptional PDR done I have an excellent PDR tech working in the shop.

Rich