PDA

View Full Version : Can you edit old posts? and change the order of posts

coreyhkh
07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Right now the forum seems to be backwards newest post first, can I make it oldest post first.

Thrizzl3
07-17-2009, 08:12 PM
ya in the user cp and go to edit options..scroll down to thread display mode and chose which ever..

Iceman_F1
07-20-2009, 10:10 AM
And as for editing posts. First you have to get to 100 posts. And then you can edit, but I believe it's only if the post is less than 24 hours old. Once 24 hours has gone by, you can't edit it anymore.

More about it can be found from the link below.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=28256

evilempire
07-20-2009, 02:25 PM
And as for editing posts. First you have to get to 100 posts. And then you can edit, but I believe it's only if the post is less than 24 hours old. Once 24 hours has gone by, you can't edit it anymore.

More about it can be found from the link below.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=28256

i was wondering why is that?like last night i posted something by accident
forgot to [ img ] a picture and it showed up as a link
looked kinda stupid on my part is it a big issue to edit posts?
I'll try to post correctly the first time through

Iceman_F1
07-20-2009, 02:31 PM
i was wondering why is that?like last night i posted something by accident
forgot to [ img ] a picture and it showed up as a link
looked kinda stupid on my part is it a big issue to edit posts?
I'll try to post correctly the first time through

Well, not normally. Most people don't need to edit their posts. But more there's been cases before where people posted something...thought better of it and a few days later, started editing their posts. So if a person came by, none of the thread made sense. It's more meant to keep the good info and make people think twice about what they post if they can't edit it out. But if you catch a minor mistake a little after you post, it's easy enough to change.

evilempire
07-21-2009, 03:39 PM
okay yea that makes sense i guess
if it was anything seriously wrong i'd think the mods would be editing the post anyhow