PDA

View Full Version : Forbes Waterloo Mazda

S.F.W.
08-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Dear Members,

We the Administrative team at TorontoMazda3.ca are pleased to welcome Forbes Mazda as an official affiliate dealership.
As part of this, Forbes Mazda will extend further savings to our loyal members.

To ensure that the discount does not get abused, only those active members that support the club by displaying our logo through decals and or license place covers will be eligible for the discount. The discount being offered is as follows:

Discounts & Contacts

Service Contact: Mathew Gallagher (Service Manager)
Service - 10% discount

Parts contact: Charlie Payne (Parts Manager)
10% off parts sales

New Car sales contact: Dave Cairns

If you qualify for the discount, please identify yourself to the service representative as a TorontoMazda3 club member and let the rep know where the logo resides on your car. Please ensure that you do this when your work order is opened.

For questions or concerns regarding the discount you can contact:

Mathew Gallagher or Charlie Payne

Thank you,
TorontoMazda3.ca Administration

Frobes Mazda
http://www.forbesauto.com/mazda/mazdaHome.asp (http://www.avanteemazda.com/)

Forbes Waterloo Mazda

115 Northfield Dr West
Waterloo, ON
N2L 6K1
tel: 519-746-2777
or 1-877-426-2032
fax: 519-746-4018
Sales Department

bubba1983
08-04-2009, 06:29 PM
charlie rocks....but ehhh 10%...weeeeeeak

ForbesWaterlooMazda
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM
It took us a few days, but we're finally up and on the forums :)

bubba1983
08-11-2009, 05:53 PM
well, from a kitchener local...welcome...

i have to say , as a whole, the guys around town here, we all preferr forbes.....

that OTHER dealer in town...jus doesn't cut it

stormin84
08-11-2009, 06:00 PM
welcome....also from kitchener....i guess i'll be switching to you guys now...

ForbesWaterlooMazda
08-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome and we're all looking forward to serving you in the future (and some of you, presently)! It feels good to know that we have a good rep :) We'd love to hear some of your experiences with the dealership and with our service and parts staff!

Fuman
08-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome and we're all looking forward to serving you in the future (and some of you, presently)! It feels good to know that we have a good rep :) We'd love to hear some of your experiences with the dealership and with our service and parts staff!
It is great to see a change in management. My experience with Parkway was soso.

Welcome to the club

kevcol74
08-11-2009, 10:25 PM
So who is speaking on behalf of Forbes here? Matt, Charlie or Dave?

Walrus
08-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Too bad this didn't come up earlier. Last week of July my passenger motor mount went, and I paid full price for the part at the other dealer in town.

ForbesWaterlooMazda
08-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Actually, my name is Alisha and I am representing the dealership for the next little while. I had noticed TM3.com and thought it would be a great idea for us to become an affiliate dealership on here. I thought I would get a username set up for the dealership so that someone in the management staff can take over starting next week!

KPao
08-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Welcome Alisha,

I can't say I know Charlie or Dave but I've dealt with Matt more than a handful of times ... along with Jeff. They were professional and did what they could to help me solve my problem ... even if it took a few tries. But they were more than willing to help in a kind and generous fashion. I'm glad I haven't had any problems recently so I have not been back in a while but if I did I wouldn't hesitate a second to go back. Plus the free car washes are nice :).

Kevin

kevcol74
08-13-2009, 09:24 PM
I've taken 3 of my recent Mazdas to Matt for service work. He has been nothing short of remarkable with the service. In fact, I won't go anywhere else when I get another Mazda. He took care of the rust issue on my 2004 3 in February, EGRs on my Proteges and the free car washes are nice!
Also talked to Charlie about parts before, good guy, straight up and helpful when doing some troubleshooting!

bubba1983
08-13-2009, 09:29 PM
agreeeeeed

ForbesWaterlooMazda
08-14-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm so happy to hear of all of the great experiences that everyone has had at our dealership in our service and parts departments! While I may be more than a little biased, I happen to think Charlie, Jeff and Mat are wonderful, too :)

narcolepticus
08-22-2009, 02:11 AM
I won't go anywhere else for service or repairs that i cannot do myself. the staff are straight-up awesome.

Fuel90
08-26-2009, 07:25 PM
I figure I should put in a little review here too....

Been dealing with Jeff and Charlie for all my parts for a couple of years now. They have both been incredibly helpful and I can't thank them enough. Without them my car would have blown up long ago!
Even before this little arrangement they were always willing to beat prices and help out wherever they could. I will continue to go to them until my car does infact blow up!
Thanks guys.

Mark Armstrong

edit: Oh and Chia in the cleanup department is awesome! Worked with him for a few years...say hi if you see him!

aberg83
08-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Had a great experience at Forbes today for my 96k service.

Where the "other" guys in town wanted to charge $95 to even look into the transmission problem I was having (shift shock at 3rd to 4th under heavy accel), Forbes checked it and found that I needed a PCM and TCM software update and covered it under powertrain warranty even though I'm a little over at 100,400km. Merged onto the highway following the service and the shift shock is gone!

Jeff was also very helpful at explaining the issue with my rear control arms and bushings that are starting to wear through.

I will continue to service my 3 at Forbes... 2 thumbs up!

HEVNSNT
08-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi Alisha,

I've been a Mazda enthusiast for a very long time and have done business with many of the parts guys there (Northfield Mazda) but I I had a terrible experience when we bought our 3 there. I won't go into details but I've started coming back since ownership/management has changed. Welcome aboard, hope to hear from you guys soon.

ForbesWaterlooMazda
09-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi Everyone! Jason Stainton here, I'm the General Manager of Forbes Waterloo Mazda.

Thanks so much for the comments - it's great to hear that everyone is looking after you here. We value our customers and do everything possible to earn your business and keep you coming back.

If you ever need to speak with me or any member of our team about servicing your Mazda or purchasing a new or pre-owned Mazda, feel free to give us a call or email. Also, our website has a form that you can book a service appointment @ www.forbesmazda.com and lots of other tidbits of information about who we are.

so... enough of the commercial message, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for the feedback!

zoom-zoom. forever.
jds.

nsh
09-25-2009, 06:30 PM
I have to agree! The guys at Forbes are awesome. I'm currently working with Adam as he and I are trying to find "my perfect car". He's been really great, and super patient with me as I'm a tad picky when it comes down to it.

aberg83
10-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Had another great experience at Forbes. Despite being a costly visit, it was significantly less than if I had gone elsewhere due to TM3 discounts. I'm glad I made the switch to these guys from the "other" guys in town...

r4BBiT
11-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I recently bought my 3 from Forbes. And I've mixed feeling, the service and friendliness is awesome, however delivered car have some problems and high mileage for brand new car (200km).

stormin84
11-03-2009, 06:48 PM
I recently bought my 3 from Forbes. And I've mixed feeling, the service and friendliness is awesome, however delivered car have some problems and high mileage for brand new car (200km).

Then why did you sign for it then, (they tell you the kms on the car before you do the final signing) at least they did for me.

r4BBiT
11-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Then why did you sign for it then, (they tell you the kms on the car before you do the final signing) at least they did for me.

they didn't tell me the mileage and i didnt really think about it

Krazy
11-04-2009, 09:40 PM
they didn't tell me the mileage and i didnt really think about it

It's on that form.. that they make u sigh with VIN on it...

I think mine said 10km. Which seems to be the standard mileage?

Fuman
11-05-2009, 10:15 AM
went to Forbes today for an inspect.
Jeff is a great a guy. He took me inside to shop and met with Dan.
Dan, the mechanic, explained to me the issues thoroughly.

Honestly, I'm impressed. It is a HUGE improvement from my previous experience (when it was still parkway).

r4BBiT
11-09-2009, 07:25 PM
10km sounds about right, i'm happy with the car and next time i'm definately checking the mileage before signing

sforza
03-24-2011, 02:26 PM
My car is on service right now. I'm on wireless from Forbes! This guys are nice and very friendly! Good to change my place to here!

The Wolf
06-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Edit: angry review. Will repost once my issues have been dealt with.

standsideways
11-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Just got a letter from forbes...

My 12 speed3 is due for its 8000km/4month service..

Needless to say i picked up my car almost 10 months and 30,000kms ago from mazda of toronto.

I must be on file from a tire repair when i first got the car lol

mParsonz
04-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Curious... does Forbes still offer the 10% off parts? I want to grab fog lights, and possibly a roof rack...

AlexNguyen
04-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Curious... does Forbes still offer the 10% off parts? I want to grab fog lights, and possibly a roof rack...

Wondering the same thing...

The Wolf
04-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Best way to find out for sure is to call them up. Jeff is a good dude and I'm sure he'll hook you up.

ds08tf
04-20-2015, 04:54 PM
You guys still a sponsor and what not? I just moved to waterloo and would love a discounted place hah.

SomeGuy
04-22-2015, 11:19 PM
Last I was (few months ago) they still did it.

Getafix
05-12-2015, 09:09 PM
Just thought i would leave these guys a review. Bought a 2014 Mazda 3 GX from them a few days ago & service was stellar! They even sent me a box of cupcakes today as a thank you, which was a nice touch! Also have to give props to the Alfonso from Sales, really nice guy and followed up with me to make sure i was happy with the purchase.