PDA

View Full Version : weird tire angle...

hood
08-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I was looking at my car from behind for the past little while and it seems like the rear driver wheel has some real negative camber, so i got Jimmy to installed SPC Rear Adj. Camber arm and i still looks the same. Could something be wrong with my springs? Should i get an alignment?

Thrizzl3
08-10-2009, 05:36 PM
do you find your car pulling to the left or the right when your driving?

hood
08-10-2009, 05:38 PM
next time i drive ill see but nothing noticable

mleblond
08-10-2009, 05:39 PM
bad wear on the tire?

Thrizzl3
08-10-2009, 05:39 PM
my back wheels have some negative camber and i haven't got an alignment yet but i should as i'm seeing camber wear on the tires.

mleblond
08-10-2009, 05:41 PM
there's not much you can do with the rear camber on the 3 unless you go all out with adjustables....

S.F.W.
08-10-2009, 05:45 PM
there's not much you can do with the rear camber on the 3 unless you go all out with adjustables....
he did install SPC adjustable camber kit.

S.F.W.
08-10-2009, 05:45 PM
simply installing the camber kit won't correct your issues. You still need to get an alignment.

mleblond
08-10-2009, 05:47 PM
he did install SPC adjustable camber kit.

pretty sure you need more than that, like adjustable end links

S.F.W.
08-10-2009, 05:48 PM
pretty sure you need more than that, like adjustable end links
nope. All you need on the regular 3 to fix rear camber issues is the adjustable camber kit, and an alignment.

hood
08-10-2009, 05:53 PM
nope. All you need on the regular 3 to fix rear camber issues is the adjustable camber kit, and an alignment.

im going to call for one tomorrow, thanks alot!

Fuman
08-10-2009, 07:02 PM
im going to call for one tomorrow, thanks alot!
BC auto does good job on alignment, especially with camber kits.
They do charge $10 to $20 more than other places I've been too, but
they are most thorough, and professional of all places I've been to.
Good luck with it

Darthdaddy
08-11-2009, 11:03 AM
I have a concern similar to this as my car pulled to the right.

My used 2005 Mazda3 rear-right tire was inspected by my own mechanic prior to purchasing from the Mazda dealership. My mechanic told me the rear right passenger tire was slightly tilted as well, and that an alignment should be done prior to buying it.

The Mazda dealership said they did the work, but the car still pulls to the right. The salesman told me that "it is suppose to pull to the right a little because it is a safety feature."

Is this true? What should I do? I already purchased the car 3 weeks ago.

Thrizzl3
08-11-2009, 11:15 AM

My used 2005 Mazda3 rear-right tire was inspected by my own mechanic prior to purchasing from the Mazda dealership. My mechanic told me the rear right passenger tire was slightly tilted as well, and that an alignment should be done prior to buying it.

The Mazda dealership said they did the work, but the car still pulls to the right. The salesman told me that "it is suppose to pull to the right a little because it is a safety feature."

:loco

S.F.W.
08-11-2009, 11:18 AM

yes, a slight pull to the right, so if you lose control, the car will go into the side of the road as opposed to oncoming traffic.

JSI
08-11-2009, 11:20 AM
I've always noticed that 3s seem to have negative camber in the rear.

Darthdaddy
08-12-2009, 08:05 AM

What do you guys think? Is this true?

Fuman
08-12-2009, 11:25 AM
What do you guys think? Is this true?
its not, it means you have an improper alignment.

Darthdaddy
08-13-2009, 08:44 AM
I went back to the local Mazda dealership and they are going to look at the pull again just to be sure.

This time I asked a service guy if "pulling to the right was normal or part of a safety feature", and his response was "yes, there should be a minor drift to the right."

I'll see later tomorrow afternoon after they lift the car again.

JSI
08-13-2009, 09:10 AM
I went back to the local Mazda dealership and they are going to look at the pull again just to be sure.

This time I asked a service guy if "pulling to the right was normal or part of a safety feature", and his response was "yes, there should be a minor drift to the right."

I'll see later tomorrow afternoon after they lift the car again.

I'd go to another shop.

Jeremy

P.S. you stole my sig

Darthdaddy
08-13-2009, 09:17 AM
I can't go to another shop, there's only one Mazda dealership in the city. :(

Fuman
08-13-2009, 09:22 AM
I can't go to another shop, there's only one Mazda dealership in the city. :(
contact mazda canada.... if they lie to you on this, I hate to see what other lies they tell to other consumers. Hmm contact your local news station, and see if they'll put some hidden cameras and do a story on it.

JSI
08-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Is there any other shop you can go to? Why stick with this dealer if you know they are lying?

Jeremy

hood
08-13-2009, 01:18 PM
BC auto does good job on alignment, especially with camber kits.
They do charge $10 to $20 more than other places I've been too, but
they are most thorough, and professional of all places I've been to.
Good luck with it

i think im going to just go to the dealer, BC auto is pretty far and probably wont be up in that neck of the woods for a little while. And the fact that i need it done asap

fini
08-13-2009, 02:38 PM
i got my camber links aligned and it still looks slanty. but i wouldnt' have expected to see the difference of adjusting it 1 degree only.

or should i...?

went from about 2.5 to approx 1.5 according to my printout.

Fuman
08-13-2009, 03:07 PM
i got my camber links aligned and it still looks slanty. but i wouldnt' have expected to see the difference of adjusting it 1 degree only.

or should i...?

went from about 2.5 to approx 1.5 according to my printout.

+1.5 or -1.5
if you are in the positive range, whoever did it, messed up

fini
08-13-2009, 08:38 PM
+1.5 or -1.5
if you are in the positive range, whoever did it, messed up

negative... i left out the sign! -2.5 after lowering adjusted to -1.5 with links if i remember correctly.

i have the same problem in math... lol

Fuman
08-13-2009, 11:41 PM
negative... i left out the sign! -2.5 after lowering adjusted to -1.5 with links if i remember correctly.

i have the same problem in math... lol
-1.5 is fine, its visible on my car as well. i'm at -1.4?
I don't get camber wear, you should be fine