PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: We cringe as Acura NSX does its best surfacing submarine imitation

Fobio
08-26-2009, 02:29 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/26/video-we-cringe-as-acura-nsx-does-its-best-surfacing-submarine/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/08/acura-nsx-sub.jpg

The Acura NSX is rare enough that you rarely see them on the streets. When we saw a mint condition NSX trolling the streets of Woodward during the Dream Cruise, we were reminded of just how much road presence Acura's first and only supercar actually has. If we owned a a mint condition NSX, we might reasonably be tempted to avoid driving it the weather forecast even hinted at rain, but unfortunately not all drivers appear to exercise care in wet weather.

Hit the jump to watch a beautiful NSX as it trudges through what looks to be nearly two feet of standing water. At one point, the water, which came as the result of a torrential downpour in Orange Park, Forida, was up to the side mirrors. The real payoff, when the video goes from sad anger-inducing to hilarious comes about 33 seconds in, when you can clearly see water pouring out of the closed doors of the NSX. It stuns us to think that someone would think it would be a good idea to drive a low-slung supercar through a flood zone, but it probably shouldn't.

[Source: YouTube via: Autojunk]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDrlWy6IAdM

Unoriginalusername
08-26-2009, 02:34 PM
WTF is wrong with some people

midnightfxgt
08-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Let that be a lesson to all those who think they need a bypass filter!

Garu
08-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Maybe it was just an emergency situation?
His dog was sick or something?

Fuman
08-26-2009, 02:41 PM
they water was pouring out the doors near the end of the video.... =(
i wouldn't do that to a mazda 3, let alone a NSX...

Unoriginalusername
08-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Maybe it was just an emergency situation?
His dog was sick or something?

on the comments page the person who video taped it claims they saw them go through two times earlier and couldn't believe their eyes, they went and got their camera to catch the third time through

Let that be a lesson to all those who think they need a bypass filter!
The NSX is rear engined, the water was being displaced out front and wouldn't hit the engine. the air filter on the nsx is on the top, not down below the front bumper like on a front engined mazda 3 with a cold air intake. hydro lock is real, do stupid things and bad things happen

Zoom Zoom Boy
08-26-2009, 02:49 PM
on the comments page the person who video taped it claims they saw them go through two times earlier and couldn't believe their eyes, they went and got their camera to catch the third time through

The NSX is rear engined, the water was being displaced out front and wouldn't hit the engine. the air filter on the nsx is on the top, not down below the front bumper like on a front engined mazda 3 with a cold air intake. hydro lock is real, do stupid things and bad things happen

Whatever. The person who owns this car is still a first class :AH.

midnightfxgt
08-26-2009, 02:50 PM
^^^^ was more of a joke James :p

Hyrdo-Lock is real. I just dont think it should be such a concern for most. Dont submerge the entire filter, and your good :)

On-Topic: NSX's are great cars. Not sure about THAT one lol

Fuman
08-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Whatever. The person who owns this car is still a first class :AH.
my guess is owner probably pissed off the wife... lol

Zoom Zoom Boy
08-26-2009, 03:00 PM

Hmmmmmm, might be a good guess.

Runs to find keys to MS3 and hide them...

SL3VIN
08-26-2009, 03:32 PM

haha exactly what i thought.. but man finding a mint nsx nowadays... what a waste

towelsnap
08-26-2009, 03:35 PM
:loco

FoXy
08-26-2009, 03:42 PM
hello my name is stupid.... what an :AH

Gizzmo_jr
08-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Fender liner was hanging out after that "puddle"

philipfreire
08-26-2009, 03:50 PM
i dont get it... free car wash?

chinsterr
08-26-2009, 03:54 PM
typical honduh driver ? :chuckle

Xerox
08-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Pretty crazy...but at least the NSX is a pretty good candidate to do such a thing...mid engine, pretty much all aluminum-alloy chassis/body/suspension so rust from sitting water shouldn't be an issue. ha! That's why it costs so damn much. Part sports car, part submarine.

huyzel
08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Amphibious vehicles don't come cheap.

FLORIDA FTL

iconicrocket
08-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Quickest way to wash a NSX. Looks to me that the car is going through it's third rinse cycle. lol.