PDA

View Full Version : Driver side window works sometimes

tfordham
09-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Yesterday and today I tried to lower the driver side window but it wouldn't work. Both times it was in the afternoon and the a couple of hours later it work fine. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I did notice that if I tried lowering the driver side window and the passenger side window the passenger side window went down slower as if both windows are being operated.

ST3ALTH
09-01-2009, 09:53 PM
yea, thats happening to me too. For me its my passenger window, it just doesnt work sometimes and 30 mins later its fine. And its hard as hell to bring it into the dealer ship telling them the window doesnt work and when they try it, Its working fine again lol. Not sure what to do next./

secondgear
09-01-2009, 10:22 PM
for a while a have had a problem where my driver side window doesn't close. opening no problem but closing sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. finally decided to replace the drivers switch (master switch) and so far so good.

hope that helps.. good luck!

TheMAN
09-02-2009, 03:16 AM
its a bad master window switch
there was a TSB on this... basically the switch malfunctions in high heat due to crappy electronics inside... I had mine replaced under warranty thanks to the TSB.... windows work great now! :D

McGuyver_3
09-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Yes I had the same problem with my old 3 and i have had several friends with the same problem once the master switch was replaced all was well never had issues afterwards