PDA

View Full Version : Mazdaspeed CAI/Warranty Issue

MattyD
09-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi, I recently purchased a 2010 Mazda3 GX sedan. My birthday is coming up in october and my brother expressed interest in hooking me up with a CAI for my MZ3. Now I was browsing these forums and realized there seems to be an issue with voiding the warranty when it comes to aftermarket parts. Also, I believe one or more members here had a mazdaspeed CAI and I was interested in maybe getting that.

Now I decided to email the Brampton Mazda Internet Sales department about getting a mazdaspeed CAI and whether or not it would affect my warranty (I purchased the extended warranty 6yrs/160000km)

This was their reply

"Hello Mathew,

My name is Omid Badie and I am the Internet Sales Manager at Mazda of Brampton. I received your inquiry and have spoken to our parts manager - Mr. Dave McMaster.

He informs me that the 2010 cold air intake for the MazdaSpeed 3 has not be released yet and he does not have details on the part or the ability to sell it yet. As far as your warranty is concerned, as long as it is a Mazda part and not an after market, then your warranty will be in place.

For further questions, please don;t hesitate to contact Dave McMaster directly.

Kindly,
Kind regards,
Omid

Omid Badie
Internet Sales Manager
Phone: 905-459-0290
Email: obadie@bramptonautomall.ca "

MattyD
09-08-2009, 08:26 PM
It seems from the response that maybe they will only allow Mazda parts to be put into the car in order to maintain the warranty. That is unfortunate. Also, the guy said there is now 2010 mazda 3 CAIs available, perhaps I could get an older model CAI. Would that be compatible with the 2010? Anyone know where I could maybe find one?

hatthi
09-08-2009, 08:54 PM
I was under the impression that they have to prove that the aftermarket part caused any damage to the vehicle before they could void your warranty. Seems like Brampton Mazda has their owns rules that they're trying to enforce. This is one reason that I didn't purchase from them among other things.
My dealership doesn't have any issues with the use of aftermarket performance parts. As long as I don't mess with the ECU.

MattyD
09-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Fml!!!

5_Alive
09-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Someone's missing the point. The OP said he bought a 2010 3 GX Sedan, and the manager replied the part for the 2010 MAZDASPEED3 is not available yet.

The problem with Mazda is they call their accessories Mazdaspeed accessories.
What the OP wants is a 2010 Mazda3 GX Sedan CAI from the Mazdaspeed accessories line.
I thought there was someone who already made an intake for the 2010?

hatthi
09-09-2009, 07:58 AM
I guess I wasn't clear with my post. I meant to suggest that the OP may want to investigate the issue of voiding his warranty with Mazda or another dealer. This way more options would be available (once the market is flooded with new intakes) aside from only a mazda cai. I'm not familiar with the 2010 intakes so I just answered the warranty issue part of the post.

cwp_sedan
09-09-2009, 08:04 AM
It has always depended on the dealer. Also it doesn't "really" matter what the brand is. If you suck up water and toast the motor, it's not going to help you at all that it is a "Mazda" product. If the intake should fail because of workmanship, then you probably would be covered.

It's a real grey area because Mazda claims it is a warrantied product yet if the result of the damage is caused by the part, the damage may not be covered under warranty.

FYI Mazda Brampton can be a crappy place to go for warranty/service. Just a heads up.

hatthi
09-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Some upcoming intake info that I stumbled across:

http://www.corksport.com/blog/2010-mazda3-intake-exhaust-test-results/comment-page-1/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNcI_AN1jsc

This guy seems to have one. Not sure of the brand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aYP_bURNFo

joghia
09-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Someone's missing the point. The OP said he bought a 2010 3 GX Sedan, and the manager replied the part for the 2010 MAZDASPEED3 is not available yet.

The problem with Mazda is they call their accessories Mazdaspeed accessories.
What the OP wants is a 2010 Mazda3 GX Sedan CAI from the Mazdaspeed accessories line.
I thought there was someone who already made an intake for the 2010?

Yeah, it seems like the service guy didn't properly understand your question. I know PRM makes an intake for the 2010. PM BeEvil, he has it. Actually he has it on the 2.5l GT so it would be different for you...you can still PM him though for details. Also, McGuyver3 has an intake on his 2.5 too.

tweak_s
09-09-2009, 05:50 PM
It really does depend on the dealer.

Some dealers don't mind even aftermarket intakes, some don't even like mazdaspeed intakes. I think to be truly safe it would have to be a mazdaspeed brand intake thats INSTALLED by mazda as well (which costs quite a bit).

As others have said though the service manager is mistaking the mazdaspeed CAI for a mazdaspeed CAI for the Speed3. Theres two versions.

Also, if the intake you're taking about is alhope's in the FS forums, his intake is also a mazdaspeed intake for the SPEED3, not a regular mazda3.

MattyD
09-10-2009, 07:40 PM
So does anyone know where/if there is a mazdaspeed CAI that will fit for my 2010 mazda3 gx sedan? (2.0L)

aris
09-10-2009, 08:00 PM
So does anyone know where/if there is a mazdaspeed CAI that will fit for my 2010 mazda3 gx sedan? (2.0L)

You should PM joe (flippdaddy) from MOT or pm andrew from Oakville mazda ans see what they got to say

Broxn
09-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Just 2 cents worth.... I spoke to a tech at Ajax mazda and he said some dealerships will point their finger at any mod and blame that for whatever issue you incur.
Crappy excuses...

Kaptain Sloth
09-25-2009, 01:06 PM
So what are some of the dealerships that seem to be pretty reasonable with honouring their warranties even with aftermarket intakes installed?

koorick
11-18-2009, 08:14 AM
+1

So what are some of the dealerships that seem to be pretty reasonable with honouring their warranties even with aftermarket intakes installed?