PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel controls

deandai
09-09-2009, 12:44 AM
does any one know how to install the module that allows you to keep steering wheel control, with an aftermarket deck ?

your help is appreciated

thanks Dean

bhadreshl
09-09-2009, 04:43 AM
search for PAC audio
its deck dependent

p-o-g-i
09-10-2009, 08:54 AM
I was looking into getting that module, but was quoted by some shops over a bill for the unit alone.

S.F.W.
09-10-2009, 09:00 AM
I was looking into getting that module, but was quoted by some shops over a bill for the unit alone.

you can pick up the module itself for ~$40-$50 online.

Hives
09-10-2009, 12:40 PM
SFW is right. Got mines for $50 to my door like 2 yrs ago and still works fine

p-o-g-i
09-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Checks out. I'm just contemplating if I actually want the wheel controls because they are convenient, or because I just got use to using them.

S.F.W.
09-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Checks out. I'm just contemplating if I actually want the wheel controls because they are convenient, or because I just got use to using them.

I find them very convenient. Also safer, then taking your eyes off the road to use controls on deck.

Hives
09-10-2009, 06:10 PM
+1

deandai
09-11-2009, 10:30 AM
lol i agree got the deck and the steering wheel contol for 150 :D
someone call the cops i just robbed somebodyyyy lol

p-o-g-i
09-12-2009, 09:44 AM
I find them very convenient. Also safer, then taking your eyes off the road to use controls on deck.

True enough. I agree...
On previoius rides with aftermarket decks, for me the remote was convenient as I used it so much that I just knew what the buttons were by the feel without looking at it. I didn't have to fiddle around with looking over at the headunit.

S.F.W.
09-12-2009, 10:13 AM
True enough. I agree...
On previoius rides with aftermarket decks, for me the remote was convenient as I used it so much that I just knew what the buttons were by the feel without looking at it. I didn't have to fiddle around with looking over at the headunit.

agreed, but the steering wheel controls replace the need for a remote.

McGuyver_3
09-13-2009, 02:38 PM
instructions here (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=48724.0)

where to buy (http://shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_nkw=pac+swi&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=pac&_osacat=0)

deandai
09-16-2009, 09:40 AM
thanks dude

deandai
08-26-2010, 05:05 PM
does any one know how to program the switch the guide in the walk through doesnt seem to work for some reason if any one could help nit would be greatly appreciated.
i'm stuck on the third step everytime i go to program the buttons the light will not stay lit on the switch.

McGuyver_3
08-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Power and ground are simple and easy. The white wire is the one to be used for the mazda3 which if memory serves me correctly should be hooked up to the brown/yellow wire and the white/black wire should be connected to ground (those 2 pins are 9 and 10) . Make sure the unit is in mode 3

deandai
08-29-2010, 11:14 AM
sorry i was referring to step seven

7. Turn the car on, the SWI-PS will blink 3 times confirming its using interface 3, press the 'Program Button' and release, the LED will stay lit. Now, go through the following list IN ORDER to program (timing is important, if you screw up you need to start again).
- Press and Hold VOLUME UP until the light turns off, release, LED will light up again in 1-2 seconds.
- Press and Hold VOLUME DOWN until the light turns off, release, LED will light up again in 1-2 seconds.
- Press and Hold MUTE until the light turns off, release, LED will light up again in 1-2 seconds.
- Press and Hold TRACK UP until the light turns off, release, LED will light up again in 1-2 seconds.
- Press and Hold TRACK DOWN until the light turns off, release, LED will light up again in 1-2 seconds.
- Press and Hold MODE until the light turns off, release, LED will light up again in 1-2 seconds.
- Press 'Program Button' in to skip this option.
The light will blink slowly 3 times to confirm its done programming, then blink 3 quick times to confirm the mode its in (similar to above).

the program button is not staying lit any solutions?

McGuyver_3
08-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Yes and my previous post was suggesting you recheck your wiring as I ran in to this snag with my 10 trying to hook up my bluetooth controls. make sure the wire colours i referred to are hooked up properly as that will cause you many headaches

deandai
08-30-2010, 10:27 AM
i'll check it out thanks man.
appreciate the help