PDA

View Full Version : Air Bag Sensor

Jassi
10-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Hi guys I like to know why my air bag sensor light is comes on and then goes away. some time the light stay on for for few days. I notes when i go for a car wash after the wash about hr letter the light come on and stay on plz help.

dsichewski
10-05-2009, 01:56 AM
Hi guys I like to know why my air bag sencer light is comes on and then goes away. some time the light stay on for for few days. I notes when i go for a car wash after the wash about hr letter the light come on and stay on plz help.

If there is still warranty on the car take it into the dealer....if the light is on then that means there should be an active code....that they could pull and follow diagnosis....this isn't something you really want to leave as its safety...

Flagrum_3
10-05-2009, 02:23 AM
Yeah bring it to the dealer for the code plus there is a TSB on this issue, they'll need to replace some parts.

_3

TheMAN
10-06-2009, 01:46 PM
did you get the airbag recall done?

froggy
10-06-2009, 02:01 PM
what year is this recall for?

Jassi
10-07-2009, 07:07 AM
no the warranty si done already how much would it cost me to get this check

Flagrum_3
10-09-2009, 08:11 AM
no the warranty si done already how much would it cost me to get this check

If it's an actual RECALL it should be done No Charge.Whether or not your within warranty....Cause it's considered a Safety Recall.

_3

McGuyver_3
10-12-2009, 08:18 PM
If you take your car in for diag it will be whatever the dealer charges for 1 hour minimum diag. Some dealers will be kind enough to start with a 1/2 hour diag charge. All depends on where you go. But like stated before if it is a part of the recal then it will be free but in case only a BULLETIN then you will have to pay as bulletins in almost all cases are on customer complaint basis only during the factory warranty

TheMAN
10-15-2009, 06:02 PM
the easiest thing to do really is call mazda canada with your VIN and ask them if your car still have open recalls on it
and if so, ask them specifically what they are.... there's really only 1 major recall on the 04s, and that's just the airbag sensor.... the others like the ATF cooler pipe are just trivial

mazda WILL pay for airbag diagnosis if your car hasn't have the airbag recall done yet... furthermore, airbags are "safety equipment" which lies under a different warranty if it happens so that something else is broken

Jassi
10-16-2009, 11:33 PM
thanks i'll try that