PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer 2008.5

mazda_3
10-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Hello;

I have a 08.5 Mazda 3 Sport and i have a "load" button with a MP3 symbol on my stereo system - however when i press "load" nothing happens. Is this normal, do u i need to purchase a changer for this button to even work?

Also would anyone know the difference between a 2008 Mazda3 and a 2008.5 Mazda3?

Thanks,

mazda_3
10-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Gotcha - thanks for the post :)

She_Prime
10-07-2009, 12:28 AM
There are a bunch of differences between the 2008 and 2008.5 Mazda 3s. It all depends on what level of trim you have. For example if you got a 08.5 GS your grille would be body coloured instead of a chrome piece, GS came stock with 16'' wheels (before you had to upgrade to a comfort package to get the 16''s), trip computer is functional on an 08.5 GS, you get outside temperature ratings on the 08.5 among other things.

I'm pretty sure on the GT Bose speakers came stock without going into a luxury package as well.

I'm not too familiar with the GT trim level as I have an 08.5 GS. Basically anything that originally came in a "package" in the 08 model was stock on the 08.5 (except leather seating on the GT). So some pretty significant changes occured!

k-existence
10-07-2009, 02:10 PM
somewhat off topic... but i have a play and pause button... but NOTHING happens when i push it... is it messed up? and yeah i have a cd playing and i want to pause but it doesn't pause...

She_Prime
10-07-2009, 04:15 PM
I would say take it to the dealer! A working play/pause button is kinda key. Maybe you can even get them to fix it under a TSB for the 08.5 car where the radio intermittently cuts volume.

They replace your head unit when this happens.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24390&highlight=2008.5+TSB
^ info on the forum about it.

k-existence
10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
whaatttt!?

there isnt a problem with the radio... at least I hadn't noticed... altho it does stop playing my ipod randomly when Im listening to it on the AUX.

Shud i jus get it check like below?

With ignition switch in ACC or ON position and audio system on, check the software version of the audio
system by pressing and holding AUDIO CONT knob and Preset 1 button. The software version is shown
in the information display.

oh she_prime u are always so helpful :D ty

Noisy Crow
10-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Did you put a disc in? :gone

She_Prime
10-08-2009, 03:18 PM
whaatttt!?

there isnt a problem with the radio... at least I hadn't noticed... altho it does stop playing my ipod randomly when Im listening to it on the AUX.

Shud i jus get it check like below?

With ignition switch in ACC or ON position and audio system on, check the software version of the audio
system by pressing and holding AUDIO CONT knob and Preset 1 button. The software version is shown
in the information display.

oh she_prime u are always so helpful :D ty

Yeah try that first. Also check if your VIN falls into the VIN range and if your car has been manufactured in or before March 2008. Then you just go into the service department of your local dealer and tell them you've heard of the TSB regarding the 08.5 radio and you have the issue.

Let me know how it goes :)

k-existence
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Did you put a disc in? :gone

of course! LOL its a burned cd if that changes anything I don't think so...

yeah i'll have to check on that :D good to know