PDA

View Full Version : Attack Time Trial Series / Tuner Trial Series OCT18th 2009 CAYUGA

SP33D 3
10-08-2009, 07:52 PM
any1 interested in going? i got this off the jdmcars.ca website

"In Japan, crowds would gather to witness a challenge of skills between 2 warriors. They would meet up at a narrow mountain pass, mount their powerful steeds, and negotiate their way up the mountain.

The goals were simple, for the leader, increase your lead and you'll end up victorious. For the chaser, decrease the distance and you'll steal the victory away from the leader.

SPDA, along with JRP and Toyo Tires is recreating this event, passionately called "Touge" (Tow - Ge) in a controlled evironment as part of event 3 of the ATTS - Series.

Be part of this ground breaking competition, by visiting http://www.atts-online.ca and register for the event.

Event 3: October 18
Registration Fee: $75.00 / Competitor, Spectators $15 (Only pay once if you are spectating the DRAG, TOUGE or SHOW SHINE)
Mandatory Drivers Meeting: 9:30 - 10:00
Practice runs: 10:00 - 12:30
Competition runs: 1:00 - Finish
Awards: 4:30 PM

Bring your friends and family to this "first ever" event in Canada. This event is sure to excite even the most remote of motorsports enthusiast.

Lapping and practice sessions encompass most of the morning, with the event starting early afternoon.

Format will be eliminations style where competitors will be lined up based on their previous lap times / results from the prior events.

Layout of TMP road course will be altered slightly to reflect the narrow sections of a typical mountain pass. Cones will be used to create tighter sections to simulte single lane bridges. Touch and cone and it's a DNF.

Format:
Cars are lined up at 2 start lines, separated 75 meters apart. When the flag drops, it's a scramble to accelerate and go around the track with the goal of crossing your respective finish line first. But no closer than 25 meters please or you'll get a yellow flag asking you to back off slightly.

The Touge is not just about driver, it's not just about the car, it's a mental challenge. Identify which part of the track you should go for the gusto and identify which parts you need to stand back in order to preserve the proper line to get a slingshot out of the corners.

The best planners will win this event."

ST3ALTH
10-08-2009, 08:15 PM
lol i have already posted this under other events. I'm on TeamFUEL and were hosting it with JRP. It should be a good event, hopefully we will have a good turnout from TM3!

Fobio
10-08-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm registered for the series...should be there!

ST3ALTH
10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Awesome, hope to see you there.