PDA

View Full Version : What brand should I go with...?

andyh921
10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
I want to lower my speed 3 (finally), but what brand of springs should I go with? Is Eibach Pro Kits good enough? Any information would be very helpful. Thanx guys.

Mazda3X2
10-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I have the Prokits installed and am pretty happy with them. Modest drop (I measured about 3/4" and 1" front and rear), decent ride. I didn't want anything too aggressive though. I need to drive this thing in the winter.

andyh921
10-12-2009, 08:21 PM
I have the Prokits installed and am pretty happy with them. Modest drop (I measured about 3/4" and 1" front and rear), decent ride. I didn't want anything too aggressive though. I need to drive this thing in the winter.

Do you still have the model number for your Prokits? (or part number)

aris
10-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Do you still have the model number for your Prokits? (or part number)

model # for eibach pro-kits 5549.140

Mazda3X2
10-13-2009, 06:45 AM
model # for eibach pro-kits 5549.140

What aristeidis said. ^^

andyh921
10-15-2009, 05:47 PM
thanx a lot guys, i just picked up my kits today. Hopefully I can get it installed by the end of this week.

Mazda3X2
10-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Excellent.

Some people say you don't need the rear camber links with this kit as the drop is pretty conservative. I now have to disagree. The rear camber on these Mazda 3's in general is pretty aggressive stock. I drove the car for the summer with it on Prokits and started to be able to hear more pronounced tire noise from the rear tires. I did have the car aligned after spring installation too.

I found a set of gently used Mazdaspeed rear camber links and installed them myself. There is a noticeable difference in the rear camber. The tire looks much straighter up and down and there is less tire noise driving.

Just a little something to think about.

Good luck.:)

andyh921
10-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Excellent.

Some people say you don't need the rear camber links with this kit as the drop is pretty conservative. I now have to disagree. The rear camber on these Mazda 3's in general is pretty aggressive stock. I drove the car for the summer with it on Prokits and started to be able to hear more pronounced tire noise from the rear tires. I did have the car aligned after spring installation too.

I found a set of gently used Mazdaspeed rear camber links and installed them myself. There is a noticeable difference in the rear camber. The tire looks much straighter up and down and there is less tire noise driving.

Just a little something to think about.

Good luck.:)

I see, I'll keep that in mind. Thanx man.

blake_peanut
12-17-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm lowered on MS springs/camber kit, but my second choice would definitely be the Eibach Pro Kit.

zoom_concept
01-25-2010, 05:32 PM
IMO Road Magnet is a much better spring then Eibach Prokit...

and there is a Speed3 option, when compared to spring rates of the Eibach Prokit and Road magnet, the higher Road Magnets spring rate is much higher thus carrying the weight of the mazdaspeed3 better and improve handling..

Plus the cost the Road Magnet is a little less then the Eibach Prokit

despite the lower cost at least if you were to purchase road magnet springs, at least there will be a noticeable improvement in handling

my vote would be for the Road Magnet Springs

Touge Tuning
03-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Higher spring rates doesn't equal better handling if the springs aren't matched well with the dampers and vehicle.

Sean80
03-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Get camber links or you will be going through tires like crazy! I had pro-kits on my previous 3 and they ate through the tires like mad. Spend the extra money and get camber links.