PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Fuel Pump Recall

Ogata
10-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I just got my car diagnosed for a annoying pinging metal noise when accelerating and it was diagnosed to be a bad fuel pump which I have to get it replaced next week. I was advised there was a recall on the fuel pump relating this specific noise. Do any other 08's have that issue? I'm on auto by the way and see my thread for more details.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=35367

mazda lover
10-17-2009, 08:17 PM
I just got my car diagnosed for a annoying pinging metal noise when accelerating and it was diagnosed to be a bad fuel pump which I have to get it replaced next week. I was advised there was a recall on the fuel pump relating this specific noise. Do any other 08's have that issue? I'm on auto by the way and see my thread for more details.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=35367

was the noise coming from the back of the car?

Ogata
10-17-2009, 10:33 PM
was the noise coming from the back of the car?

More like the front right but it might have been coming from the back.

fatsock
10-18-2009, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up...I haven't experienced what you are talking about, but if there is a recall I will call Mazda on monday.:

good night smiley

Ogata
10-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up...I haven't experienced what you are talking about, but if there is a recall I will call Mazda on monday.:

good night smiley

You have to be really focused to hear the noise and its more noticeable on highway speeds. Bringing my car in this week to get it changed.

Ogata
11-06-2009, 09:12 AM
so I got my fuel pump changed (10 hours...grrr) and the issue is still there!!

mazdachris
12-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I have that same odd noise from the front/right. Seems to happen on light steady throttle. Or, having the pedal in a certain spot. Quite annoying. Don't think it's the fuel pump though.

CoolColombian
12-12-2009, 06:35 PM
You might be talking about the stering wheel noise wich drives me crazy, comes from the front right side of the car and its worst when idleing or stering at low speed, it never happened on my 05 but its been there since I got my 08.5 and mazda says its normal.

froggy
12-12-2009, 07:53 PM
You might be talking about the stering wheel noise wich drives me crazy, comes from the front right side of the car and its worst when idleing or stering at low speed, it never happened on my 05 but its been there since I got my 08.5 and mazda says its normal.

electronic steering pump, makes funny noises ever once in a while, usually normal

CoolColombian
12-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Yes thats what I've been told but mine does it all the time when stoped or slow speed at higway speeds you won't notice it but its there the rest of the time, even my wife gets anoyed and usually she doesn't notice that kind of stuff. I got yo get to a meet and compare it with other 3s.

Ogata
12-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Any other 08's have this issue? I still cannot figure it out and hope its not a loose bolt in the transmission and everything in my wiring appears to be alright. I notice this noise only happens when the tiptronic goes from 4 to 5 (I have an AT).

Slipstream
12-13-2009, 09:29 PM
I hear a rattle sound coming the front left in the hood when im accelerating but im almost 100% sure thats from my CAI which i still need to get fixed

Ogata
12-17-2009, 02:33 PM
I hear a rattle sound coming the front left in the hood when im accelerating but im almost 100% sure thats from my CAI which i still need to get fixed

Off topic but i'm gonna relate it to this thread:

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=28741

DM3
03-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I have that same odd noise from the front/right. Seems to happen on light steady throttle. Or, having the pedal in a certain spot. Quite annoying. Don't think it's the fuel pump though.

got the same problem .. i changed the oil and toped up all fluids and its still there.. its more noticeable when driving at around 65km/h with the foot light on the pedal.

lancesir
03-14-2010, 11:22 PM
got the same problem .. i changed the oil and toped up all fluids and its still there.. its more noticeable when driving at around 65km/h with the foot light on the pedal.

Funny I just got the rattle from front right today! I noticed it happens past 60km/h as well, very noticeable at 80km/h with light steady throttle. Anybody got ideas? I will bring my car in to the dealership anyways but would like to get a heads up so the dealership doesn't mess around with bunch of things that don't fix the problem.

DM3
03-16-2010, 08:46 AM
yeah.. seems like its the same problem.. if you know anyone thats a mechanic.. get them to take a look at it first.. show him what happens when it drives.. see what hes got to say..then take it to the dealership.. so they dont charge you for a whole lot of work that doesn't need to be done..
and if you do tell me haha.

sfe
03-29-2010, 10:17 PM
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?32331-Noise-from-belts-pulleys&highlight=engine+noise

Anything like what's been posted here?

I have a pinging metal noise (kind of a zing zing zing) in the front right of my car

sfe
03-30-2010, 08:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NmoYrhb3J0

Link for my lovely noise

DM3
04-15-2010, 04:25 PM
that def not the fuel pump.. lol but.. anyone find the problem to the noise at steady speeds?