PDA

View Full Version : Vibrant CBE

Blk06
11-22-2009, 04:58 AM
For all the guys who own one, is there a drone while crusing with this CBE? How is the noise level like below 3K?

michaelm
11-22-2009, 09:18 AM
i love this exhaust and have it installed on my 3. My friends and I love the growl and sound it makes while driving around the city. Sounds very aggressive, but my gf gets a headache and hates it when we drive on the highway. Its a loud constant drone. I'm considering purchasing a resonator to dampen the droning as it gets annoying on long trips on the highway.

MAZDA Kitten
11-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Well I'm not a guy but here's my feedback anyways

I do 150km daily highway driving and it doesnt bother me one bit. For the first while the droning was noticeable but nothing that some music cant fix. Noise level below is 3k is minimal. Over time the exhaust has really quieted down. City driving it is on the louder side for the exhausts available for our cars but to me this was the best option. I love how the tip looks and I picked it because it sounded the best (to me) but that is just based on personal opinion.

If you're in the Sauga/Hamilton area feel free to PM me and you can check it out yourself in person

oh... and it already comes with a resonator

Zoom Zoom Boy
11-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Well I'm not a guy...

...and thank heavens for that...:)

michaelm
11-22-2009, 12:14 PM
does anyone that has vibrant's ultra quiet resonator installed experience less drone on the hwy? Thanks

Flagrum_3
11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
does anyone that has vibrant's ultra quiet resonator installed experience less drone on the hwy? Thanks

How old is your system? My vibrant doesn't drone at all anymore,even at 4000rpm...three years old, ...(Boy time flies) :whoa

_3

MAZDA Kitten
11-22-2009, 04:23 PM
three years old, ...(Boy time flies) :whoa

_3

OMG doesnt it?? Still remember being so excited when I lowered my car... driving around with stock rims woooeeee

Blk06
11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Did any of you guys/gals notice a performance difference after installing the Vibrant exhaust, or is it mostly a mod for better sound?

Flagrum_3
11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Did any of you guys/gals notice a performance difference after installing the Vibrant exhaust, or is it mostly a mod for better sound?

I felt no difference in performance, but the sound always puts a smile on my face :)

_3

aris
11-22-2009, 10:23 PM
...and thank heavens for that...:)

+1:chuckle

Donutz
11-22-2009, 10:24 PM

I have one but it's on a custom exhaust not the vibrant cbe, and I have the vibrant header. The resonator made a big difference in changing the tone; I don't get so much droning.

If you really want the exhaust I would say get it. If you don't like it after it 'breaks in', then start changing things on it; resonator, change the muffler, etc.

michaelm
11-22-2009, 10:56 PM
I have one but it's on a custom exhaust not the vibrant cbe, and I have the vibrant header. The resonator made a big difference in changing the tone; I don't get so much droning.

If you really want the exhaust I would say get it. If you don't like it after it 'breaks in', then start changing things on it; resonator, change the muffler, etc.

i've had the exhaust for 4 weeks now. I got some pm's from Mazda Kitten and Flagrum_3 that the exhaust gets quieter over time so I'll hold off getting the ultra quiet resonator for now. Thanks guys/ladies lol.

taz4432
11-29-2009, 11:50 AM
I just picked up my car yesterday (finally!) and it turns it has a full Vibrant exhaust (headers, cbe, etc.) and in the city I find it quieter because I can just go into a higher gear to get those low rpms, but the highway driving killed me. At 120 I'm sitting around 3k rpm in 5th ('06, so no 6th :() and it's REALLY loud. Any suggestions for silencers or something of that sort that'll quiet it down a bit?

Donutz
11-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Add a resonator; or remove the header; or change the muffler. Go to a stock setup if you really want to quiet things down.

taz4432
11-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Well...it's just highway driving that I wanna quiet it down...the city is fine. Are there insertable silencers made to fit the Vibrant Exhaust systems? I know there are for others...

mazdaskit
11-29-2009, 07:57 PM
whice ones are better vibrant or magnaflow and by sound quality later one after age thats louder\??

Flagrum_3
11-29-2009, 08:19 PM
whice ones are better vibrant or magnaflow and by sound quality later one after age thats louder\??

Unbiased statement; Vibrant by far is a superior exhaust system and if no one believes it quiets down substantially (Hiway too), someday I'll take whomever for a run to proove it. :)

I just took her for a nice highway run today, revving at 3500rpm, I could barely hear the exhaust (audio system off).

_3

taz4432
11-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Unbiased statement; Vibrant by far is a superior exhaust system and if no one believes it quiets down substantially (Hiway too), someday I'll take whomever for a run to proove it. :)

I just took her for a nice highway run today, revving at 3500rpm, I could barely hear the exhaust (audio system off).

_3

Flagrum, I'd love to hear it because if it's true then I won't spend another second looking for ways to quiet it down. The problem is I don't know how long it's been on the car because I just picked up the car yesterday and there aren't records with it so yah....

Whereabouts are you located?

Flagrum_3
11-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Flagrum, I'd love to hear it because if it's true then I won't spend another second looking for ways to quiet it down. The problem is I don't know how long it's been on the car because I just picked up the car yesterday and there aren't records with it so yah....

Whereabouts are you located?

Scarlem :)

_3

taz4432
11-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Scarlem :)

_3

Had to look that one up. Clearly I'm not savvy on my slang terminology. I definitely would love to hear your exhaust though if it truly has quieted down because honestly, the highway driving is going to make me go nuts.

Flagrum_3
11-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Had to look that one up. Clearly I'm not savvy on my slang terminology. I definitely would love to hear your exhaust though if it truly has quieted down because honestly, the highway driving is going to make me go nuts.

Well I just noticed reading a previous post of yours (# 13. Don't know how I missed it) but, you have a header also.So that may be the difference as I have no header just the CB.

I'd suggest contacting Vibrant and asking if they sale a resonator or silencer of some sort, I would think they have probably been contacted before on the same issue.

_3

taz4432
11-30-2009, 12:52 AM
Well I just noticed reading a previous post of yours (# 13. Don't know how I missed it) but, you have a header also.So that may be the difference as I have no header just the CB.

I'd suggest contacting Vibrant and asking if they sale a resonator or silencer of some sort, I would think they have probably been contacted before on the same issue.

_3

Ahaha...that might be it. I'll give that a try and post back here to let you guys know how it goes. It's a great system..but I like my hearing as is :P

Donutz
11-30-2009, 08:44 AM
I have the header with a custom cbe. If you want to hear it shoot me a PM. I'm in scarb.

taz4432
12-01-2009, 12:47 AM
I have the header with a custom cbe. If you want to hear it shoot me a PM. I'm in scarb.

Alright...but is your's loud during highway driving? That's what's killing me is the fact that at 120 I'm at 3000-3500rpm in 5th and it's really damn loud because I've got to give it gas to maintain speed.

Shotta-KB
12-02-2009, 01:56 AM

When it comes to Exhaust choices it is always a personal choice as to choose one over another. I found myself in that same situation at the start of the year but after doing a few meets and hearing the different ones, I believe Vibrant was my best choice, nothing beats the growl you get from the Vibrant CBE.

_3

I can 2nd that you hear it "broken in" much quieter but hey I have the music always blasting...its the backseat drivers that I tend to worry about with a 12" Sub and the CBE in their ears :chuckle

Bottom-line VIBRANT for the :winner given the price tag and ease of install...I also loved the sound of the Borla CBE

Donutz
12-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Alright...but is your's loud during highway driving? That's what's killing me is the fact that at 120 I'm at 3000-3500rpm in 5th and it's really damn loud because I've got to give it gas to maintain speed.

Nope. On-gas you can hear it; off-gas it's not noticeable.

Rob23
12-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Borla exhaust FTW!!

taz4432
12-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Nope. On-gas you can hear it; off-gas it's not noticeable.

That's about the same for me, but more often than not you've gotta be on the gas on the highway, even if only a bit.