PDA

View Full Version : petro canada season pass car wash...car making werid noise!!!

dadinho_nfg
12-29-2009, 12:00 AM
so i bought a petro canada car wash pass, and this is the second time i was at the Creditview and Britannia gas station, and after the wash my car makes a funny sound. almost like the belt is not spinning right or its worn, the first time it happened i put some wd 40 got rid of the problem, just came back from the car wash and same problem...any ideas? more wd 40?

mazdachris
12-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Automatic washes fire water up under the car. Your belts get wet. Cause them to squeek, squeel or make some other noise. Goes away after driving a bit. WD40 on belts. I don't think that's a good idea?

BTW. How much does the season pass cost. Never bothered to ask them.

If you don't mind, just curious.

-RJ3-
12-29-2009, 02:39 PM
I had a whistling sound after a wash.... even power washing... Its normal... When it gets dry it will dissapear... This weather we currently have, I wouldnt be suprised if you hear it again.

dadinho_nfg
12-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Ahh I feel alot better now! Petro Canada 149.99 for 90 washs ( once a day for 3 months) great deal! So no go on wd40?

ricohman
12-30-2009, 09:50 PM
so i bought a petro canada car wash pass, and this is the second time i was at the Creditview and Britannia gas station, and after the wash my car makes a funny sound. almost like the belt is not spinning right or its worn, the first time it happened i put some wd 40 got rid of the problem, just came back from the car wash and same problem...any ideas? more wd 40?

WD40 will degrade rubber.
I don't recomend it on anything made of rubber. And I would never use it on a belt regardless.
Get some belt dressing for that or replace the belt.

bluntman
12-31-2009, 08:00 AM
I had a whistling sound after a wash.... even power washing... Its normal... When it gets dry it will dissapear... This weather we currently have, I wouldnt be suprised if you hear it again.

"Cleanliness" does have a sound! :D

rick10
01-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Ahh I feel alot better now! Petro Canada 149.99 for 90 washs ( once a day for 3 months) great deal! So no go on wd40?

I wouldnt recommend washing your car everyday... You may weaken your paint.. Once a week is more than enough ..

SilentJay
01-04-2010, 09:11 AM
The season pass is a good idea for multi-car families, or people who live/work in close proximity to each other so the card can be passed around. If my car is filthy beyond recognition, i'll grimmace and take it through the soft cloth washes from time to time... Too bad there aren't any glide stations near me.

floodgatez
02-20-2010, 11:37 PM
i heard that the more you use those power washes, the thinner the protective coating for your paint will deteriorate. dunno... anyone wanna confirm?

izikk
02-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Do the Petro washes actually wash your underbody (assuming of course that you purchase the option).

I've been watching the Shell washes and it seems the so called "underbody wash" is just a diagonal upward spray from the sides (as you enter the wash) into your wheel well area, and I don't see anything spraying up from underneath the vehicle.

redsnoopy04
02-28-2010, 11:55 AM
The season pass is a good idea for multi-car families, or people who live/work in close proximity to each other so the card can be passed around. If my car is filthy beyond recognition, i'll grimmace and take it through the soft cloth washes from time to time... Too bad there aren't any glide stations near me.

Yeah, I think there was a group in Scarborough/Markham is currently doing this..wish it could be done here in Guelph too!

redsnoopy04
02-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I wouldnt recommend washing your car everyday... You may weaken your paint.. Once a week is more than enough ..

Really? Wasn't aware of this..we are currently washing the car between once/twice a week! Does this apply for 2010Mazda 3 as well?

3Remix
02-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Really? Wasn't aware of this..we are currently washing the car between once/twice a week! Does this apply for 2010Mazda 3 as well?

I think in general, washing any car very often through these won't be too healthy for the clear coat. I think once a week would be ok. Also, I have noticed my 2010 has weak paint. It's very susceptible to scratches.

Hives
02-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I think in general, washing any car very often through these won't be too healthy for the clear coat. I think once a week would be ok. Also, I have noticed my 2010 has weak paint. It's very susceptible to scratches.

Mazda's are known to have bad paint quality. I am surprised they havent done anything about this.