PDA

View Full Version : Car & Driver - Lightning Lap

Mazda3X2
01-16-2010, 05:42 PM
The MS3 did pretty good I think considering its competition. 4 tenths ahead of the WRX and 3.1 seconds quicker than the GTi.

Sadly it was trumped by the Genesis (3.8 V6) and the Mustang GT in it's class (< $30,000).

They do mention that the 1st gen MS3 ran 2 tenths faster back in '07, attributing it to this generations 200lb weight gain.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/09q4/the_lightning_lap_2009-feature/ll1_3a_2010_mazdaspeed_3_3e_3_3a16.2_page_5

Good read anyways.

J_man
04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Always great to meet another C & D reader. C & D appears to have alot of love for the Speed3. It's won pretty much every comparo it's been in. But even the regular US Spec version of the 3 won the comparo it was in, in the April issue. (Although it was against a Volkswagen and a Kia :))

Impressive
04-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Always great to meet another C & D reader. C & D appears to have alot of love for the Speed3. It's won pretty much every comparo it's been in. But even the regular US Spec version of the 3 won the comparo it was in, in the April issue. (Although it was against a Volkswagen and a Kia :))

Last time I read C/D was while I was waiting for my summers to be put on and they were comparing the MS3 to the VW GTI and the GTI won. That's not showing a lot of love for the MS3, considering it has 60 more HP on the GTI...that and the VW will be in pieces 10 years down the road.

J_man
04-15-2010, 04:23 PM
True the GTI won.....but that was only because it is a more balanced overall car. They also agreed that the Speed3 is still the hooligan king though for those with the balls to drive one. And yeah, that VW will be in pieces in 10 years, but it'll have a catistrophic electrical failure in 2 years! :)

Last time I read C/D was while I was waiting for my summers to be put on and they were comparing the MS3 to the VW GTI and the GTI won. That's not showing a lot of love for the MS3, considering it has 60 more HP on the GTI...that and the VW will be in pieces 10 years down the road.